Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone made mods to there front diff to remove the all wheel on demand so when u engage the 4 wheel drive it,s instant and when in
4 wheel drive, the engine braking will work with the front wheel without going to ADC.

·
Registered
7,562 Posts
Nope - not worth trying to re-engineer the unit - no demand for it - not worth the expense for a handful of customers and it's not a simple job. If you want to eliminate the AWD that's easy enough, but why do you want 'instant engagement'? What are you trying to break? Drive shafts, axles, gear cases?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope - not worth trying to re-engineer the unit - no demand for it - not worth the expense for a handful of customers and it's not a simple job. If you want to eliminate the AWD that's easy enough, but why do you want 'instant engagement'? What are you trying to break? Drive shafts, axles, gear cases?
i,m not trying to break anything. all the other quad brands are instant engage in 4x4 mode and it don,t break anything. when stuck instant engauge
is nice not haveing to have wheels spin a bit to engage the front diff. the front dif as it sits in 4x4, not adc. does not hold u back going down hill
with the engine braking . if u forget and leave it in adc while general rideing , it gets wrecked.. redundancy in brakes. if ur front single lever braking
ever failed . u can put it is 4x4 and the rear foot brake will brake will brake all 4 wheels. the front wheels is about 75 % of your stopping power.
not worth it to u but to me it is.

·
Premium Member
9,466 Posts
First what machine we talking????? Second why can't you shut the ADC off??? Third if your AWD isn't instant enough for you it's in need of a rebuild!!!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine the front engages so quickly it’s seamless. I’ve owned Polaris, brute force, king quads and outlander. Polaris by far is my favorite 4x4 system. Not sure really why you would want to change it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
10,401 Posts
Mine the front engages so quickly it’s seamless. I’ve owned Polaris, brute force, king quads and outlander. Polaris by far is my favorite 4x4 system. Not sure really why you would want to change it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its usually folks who have no idea how Polaris' AWD actually works that want to try to change it. Or they have something wrong with their AWD and think it needs changed rather than repaired. Some folks prefer Jap machine's 3 wheel drive system rather than true AWD. Many people have no idea that you can't hardly steer a machine with all four wheels locked together. :wink

1 - 7 of 7 Posts