Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a small leak on the front diff where the prop shaft goes in. I have changed the one on the 500 and now I need one for the XP. I have read here where people have done them but no one has posted a seal number. I do not want to buy the kit for 40 something dollars when all I need is a 5 dollar seal. Does anybody have a seal number for the front diff on an 09 550 XP.

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front seal is metric. It is a 25X32X7 and you can get it at a bearing/seal supplier. The ones where I live don't keep in in stock but they can get it in 2-3 days. They range anywhere from 6 to 8 bucks and that is much cheaper than the polaris kit.

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any. Thanks for the info!
Have you changed one? On my 500X2 I just pulled the cover off the diff by removing the 3 bolts then put the new seal in and it was done. With the ADC in the diff of the XP and the wire going through the cover I am thinking of just getting a pick and pulling the old seal out and putting the new one in without pulling the cover. How have people been doing it?

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Doesn't the pinion/plate/seal all come out by removing three or four screws?

Sean

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On my 500X2 all you have to do is take the 3 bolts off and the plate does come out with the O Ring and seal. It is very easy to do because it doesn't have ADC.
On my XP I see a wire running in there and I guess i am a little nervous about what all will come out with the plate since it has ADC. I would say nothing maybe but if I could get the seal out with a pick and slide the new one in I wouldn't have to take it apart.

Ronnie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts