Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boss Bushings screwed me and didn't send the second bushing in the front differential bearing kit. I contacted them and they completely denied that the kit was supposed to have two. I tried two different customer service people too. I even sent them a picture of their website listing that showed it, but they still refused and said the kit only came with one. So this leaves me with having to source the smaller of the two bushings which Polaris won't sell separate from the cv joint input shaft. I never should have pulled the original one out until I had the replacement in hand...
Does anyone know where I can get the bushing? It's the one that goes between the two input shafts and is the one the nub that holds the needle bearing fits into. It's in the below pic.

20191130_103936.jpg

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Myself, I would just go to a machine shop and have them make one for me or with the details (inner dia., outer dia., length, thickness and material it may be possible a local bearing supply house would have one, could get one, have one that could be modified or if you know the various years and models that the same part was used, it might be available for the later models - like the plastic thumb throttle piece for certain fly by wire models - on early models only the complete throttle assembly is listed at over $400 - on the 2020 model the lever is listed as a separate part for about $20.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I'm guessing this is on your 04 700? The same parts are used in the 2020 Ranger and while the bushing is depicted in the breakdown, it is not listed with a part number - it is part of the output hub (3233953) which includes the dowel pin and the thrust bearing @ $395 - will definitely be cheaper to have one mfg at a machine shop.

·
9,191 Posts
Boss Bushings screwed me and didn't send the second bushing in the front differential bearing kit. I contacted them and they completely denied that the kit was supposed to have two. I tried two different customer service people too. I even sent them a picture of their website listing that showed it, but they still refused and said the kit only came with one. So this leaves me with having to source the smaller of the two bushings which Polaris won't sell separate from the cv joint input shaft. I never should have pulled the original one out until I had the replacement in hand...
Does anyone know where I can get the bushing? It's the one that goes between the two input shafts and is the one the nub that holds the needle bearing fits into. It's in the below pic.

View attachment 136090
You might look on ebay or elsewhere for a cheap "parts only" front housing to scavenge if you can't get a piece made at a machine shop as latebird suggested.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I live out in the country so unfortunately going to a machine shop is out. There aren't any nearby. Worse case scenario is I'll just have to buy the same kit from All balls. They have complete kits and their customer service doesn't suck like Boss Bearing.

·
9,191 Posts
Hawk, if you can get accurate measurements and dimensions for the bushing needed there are sources for getting just the bushing or some of the forum members on here with a lathe could probably fix you up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hawk, if you can get accurate measurements and dimensions for the bushing needed there are sources for getting just the bushing or some of the forum members on here with a lathe could probably fix you up.
I appreciate it. I think I'm good now. We'll see in a day or two. I'll update.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts