Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding yesterday and I heard a pop. When I looked I saw that my front end differential broke off from the bracket where it mounts. This is so odd because the quad is only a year old. Has anyone had this problem and do you think polaris would cover it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I would think that would be covered under the extended warranty if you have that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow, that's impressive.

Hopefully that will be covered!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
looks like the bolts came lose..I dont see any on the flange part still attached...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
looks like the bolts came lose..I dont see any on the flange part still attached...
I see three of 4 of them still on the diff; assuming that the 4th is there too and the prop shaft is just in the way from the angle.

If you have an extended warranty it would be worth going that route.

Edit: Do you have the stock plastic roller cage in the front diff still or did you upgrade it to an aluminum one?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I dont see where u see them..the diff has 3 empty holes..and on bottom the is a cracked flange on diff with no bolt in it....

edit..ok I see them now....they are torx..looking at reg view they looked empty..when zoomed i see them now....sorry

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I dont see where u see them..the diff has 3 empty holes..and on bottom the is a cracked flange on diff with no bolt in it....
Where the red circles are, those are the bolts that hold that flange and seal in place to the diff. He's some how sheared everything off inside the the flange cause the torx-bolts are still there where they belong.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
yes I seen them after i enlarged to pic..sorry....the torx threw me off...looked like empty holes....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bottom left bolt is still attached with a piece of the the metal. Unfortunately I bought it from a dealer who took it on a trade in. I don't think there is a warranty but I'm checking. Not exactly sure how this could happen on a year old quad. I was just going up a small hill and at the top it popped. One service guy told me $1450 for parts and $200 for service.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see three of 4 of them still on the diff; assuming that the 4th is there too and the prop shaft is just in the way from the angle.

If you have an extended warranty it would be worth going that route.

Edit: Do you have the stock plastic roller cage in the front diff still or did you upgrade it to an aluminum one?
I'm pretty sure it's the stock plastic. Is this kind of break common?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Someone makes a new aluminum billet cover that is supposed to keep that from happening. Think the cover is 225.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Im interested in where to get the aftermarket housing.
I would recomend greasing the axle shaft by motor as mine was a bit stiff to remove. It needs to move on the splines

Attachments

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do y'all know about how much there asking for them, tried doing the Facebook thing but didn't make it far but very interested. Thank you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
anyone have a broken one (with all the pieces) they would be willing to send me? I wouldn't mind making a new one for mine but don't want to take it apart to get all the dimensions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts