Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 570 maybe 12 hours and after riding in snow today I noticed a squeaky noise from front end. I can't tell if it' the shocks or from where the susp ension connects to the frame in the very lower front. Any ideas or fixes

·
Premium Member
12,932 Posts
it the upper strut bushings. I had to manually grease them by hand. that involves popping the struts out of the upper cross member.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You can do what he says above or do what I did (less physical, not sure if it matters) just ride for another day and the squeaking went away. it did it the first day I had the machine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Before doing anything involved, get a ratchet with the right size socket and a grease gun. Grease the front lower a arm at zerk fitting. 3 or 4 pumps.Then take the ratchet and loosen a little on the a arm bolt. It will spin grease onto the shaft. It doesn't actually loosen anything, it just spins. You can feel the bolt head on the other end of the a arm spinning too. It would only loosen if you put back up on that bolt head. Make sure the other side spins too though! This method worked for me. My squeak was very loud!

·
Premium Member
12,932 Posts
it the upper strut bushings. I had to manually grease them by hand. that involves popping the struts out of the upper cross member.
Could this be done with a grease gun needle attachment ?
possibly. I just pulled the cups and greased the upper and lower along with both sides of the cross member.

to the OP definitely grease the a-arms first and ride it to see if the noise goes away. those are good suggestions. then if the problem persists try my method.

·
Registered
60 Posts
From the parts schematic the rear a arms are mounted the same, so you could use the same method. Just make sure both bolt heads are turning...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mine squeaked the first few miles. I just kept riding and its doesnt squeak any more. I greased everything good before my first ride

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well took my new 2015 570 for its maiden ride today.. I had a horrible squeaking from the front end over every bump and dip. So I got home and pumped all the a-arm zerk's full till grease was oozing from the end caps.. it was still squeaky! so I loosened up the A-arm bolts on each end, hopped on the atv, and rocked it side to side for a good minute or 2. that did the trick..no more squeak. So I tightened the bolts back up..but not as tight as they were. I think the problem was that they were actually over tight from the factory. Either way this thread helped me locate the problem.. I love the search feature here!

·
Registered
65 Posts
as someone previously mentioned, i greased the zerk fittings then took a socket and spun the one end of the A arm bolt. no squeak anymore :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts