Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put new bearings and seals in front end and now the front end torques down or squats when I'm on hard dirt in AWD. Everything is tightened to spec.
Never did this before. I'm thinking alignment ? Towed out too far? Has anyone ever had this issue.
And also the inner seal that rides on the CV is still leaking.replaced last year also.. no grooves or wear marks on the collar on the CV. Maybe it's just worn. It's replacable apparently .Any thoughts.. I've been a mechanic all my live and this one is frustrating 馃槨.

Thanks again

Registered
speedometer part # 3280363

My 4 wheel drive doesn't work. Dealer says the speedometer needs to be replaced, but the part (#3280363) is discontinued. Ebay and other locations offer it for around $400. Anyone know a cheaper alternative? Anyone had a similar issue?

Registered
Will this Ford part work on my Buick? There are no cheaper alternative parts. Only alternative is to rewire the AWD drive to activate via an accessory push button or toggle switch and it eliminates the override when in reverse - it's either active or not.

Registered
Mr. Spears...I can鈥檛 help you with your problem unfortunately.
Username49: search on here about AWD issues. Commons problems is grounding issues of the magnetic coils in hubs. This was the issue with mine last year. Making a new ground in 5 min and the issue was fixed. Not sure of your model year and if same as mine but follow the wires to the front hubs up under the 鈥渉ood.鈥 The brown wires are the ground wires. Cut these and make your own ground to the frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts