Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Polaris and the 'on demand' 4wd setup. Just bought a 1999 Magnum 500 and spent the day finding what is wrong with it. One issue is a weird one that I am hoping someone can help with.

I was testing it in the snow. 4wd works great, but when I have the 'on demand 4wd' switch in the 'off' setting, the front right hub acts up. I can spin the rear wheels as expected but the front right hub will engage as engine speed increases (even though the 4wd is OFF). As you can imagine, it tugs HARD when this happens. Once I let up it disengages. It is repeatable and it is only the right front hub.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
New to Polaris and the 'on demand' 4wd setup. Just bought a 1999 Magnum 500 and spent the day finding what is wrong with it. One issue is a weird one that I am hoping someone can help with.

I was testing it in the snow. 4wd works great, but when I have the 'on demand 4wd' switch in the 'off' setting, the front right hub acts up. I can spin the rear wheels as expected but the front right hub will engage as engine speed increases (even though the 4wd is OFF). As you can imagine, it tugs HARD when this happens. Once I let up it disengages. It is repeatable and it is only the right front hub.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Try replacing your diff lube with the polaris standard. somewhere i read the part of the mechanism for the AWD is in there that senses slip. if that doesnt work... get a awd slip sensor?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for the replies. I will be changing all the fluids once it warms up around here and will update the thread with the result. Sounds like that will take care of it - thankfully.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts