Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

Saw a thread before I had joined the site with something similar to this regard and there was mention of using RTV sealant to 'aid' in sealing the CV to the rear knuckle seal. It didn't say however, where to put the RTV and how much?

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had same problem and just took some vaseline to aid in the seal but you dont want anything getting inside hub. this was temporary. Best bet would be a new seal, dont think they are much money or hard to replace. I think you also have to replace the race that the seal joins as little pebbles or rocks tend to score it which in turn leads to the leaking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I also read that folks have replaced the seals, but only to have the same leaking issue again. Maybe it was because they didn't replace the race.

I had it apart recently and to replace the CV boot, so it's not hard to pull apart at all... Took all of 10 minutes.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if over-filling would cause them to leak as well? I understand you're supposed to fill them till they run out of the fill hole at a 4:00 position. I think I was at a 3:00 or 0 degree position.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
you can fill at 3 o clock and then rotate to 4 an let it drain out the extra....any ways..since you have the hub clutches it may better to change bearings since they are getting old and work,,,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts