Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the front lock & ride box attach to the existing rack or is it a separate assembly that just mounts?

I have front rack extenders and see that is says "DOES NOT FIT with Front Rack Extenders"

·
Registered
6 Posts
On my 2014 850xp it is a completely seperate unit from the stock rack.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! Thanks for info!!! I still wanted to be able to use my existing rack at times for general work but wanted box for rides out on the trail.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
If it is like a 2010 the cargo box replaces your original rack assembly. It does not fit onto your original rack. Unless things have changed.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! This helps the confidence level about ordering something and knowing it will definitely fit without issues.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will have to look around some but has anyone every put rack extender on front lock & ride box? Not sure if it is even possible.

I realize it might block high beam but that isn't an issue for me.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Only take you a few min to swap out the two. The box is a lock and ride add on. Takes about 10 seconds to remove. Then just put your rack with extender back on.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only take you a few min to swap out the two. The box is a lock and ride add on. Takes about 10 seconds to remove. Then just put your rack with extender back on.
Good point! I'm gonna pick one up.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just ordered from Amazon since I had a $30.00 gift card and free shipping so $139.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I will have to look around some but has anyone every put rack extender on front lock & ride box? Not sure if it is even possible.

With a little tweaking you can mount the rack extender on the lock and ride cargo box, but it won't fit on the rack after its customized! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Just ordered from Amazon since I had a $30.00 gift card and free shipping so $139.

That's a good deal!

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Babbits online has them for $144.49 but then you have to pay shipping, so was yours $139.00 with free shipping and then you get to use your gift card? or was it $169 and you got the $30 off that?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

With a little tweaking you can mount the rack extender on the lock and ride cargo box, but it won't fit on the rack after its customized! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
I've decided to leave the extender off of it.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Babbits online has them for $144.49 but then you have to pay shipping, so was yours $139.00 with free shipping and then you get to use your gift card? or was it $169 and you got the $30 off that?
It was $169 and using my $30 Amazon gift card it was $139/shipped.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts