Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 trailboss 330, the front plastic, Hood like thing, come loose. Anyone come up with a clever way to keep it in place, that doesn't involve duct tape? Was thinking of some kind of speed clip on the front tab.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'd drill a hole and use a push rivet of some flavor/style. I did this on a side panel on the wifes machine, when the push stud broke. It looks like it was always suppose to be there, so I did the other side to match too..... now I'm covered both ways!

Maybe you could drill 1 hole in the center of the side that comes loose.... or 2, one in each corner on the side that comes loose.

Just an idea..... maybe it will bet your minds gears grinding on another means to fasten it.

They can be found at any auto parts store or Home Depot (or the likes of).

Good Luck!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'd drill a hole and use a push rivet of some flavor/style. I did this on a side panel on the wifes machine, when the push stud broke. It looks like it was always suppose to be there, so I did the other side to match too..... now I'm covered both ways!

Maybe you could drill 1 hole in the center of the side that comes loose.... or 2, one in each corner on the side that comes loose.

Just an idea..... maybe it will bet your minds gears grinding on another means to fasten it.

They can be found at any auto parts store or Home Depot (or the likes of).

Good Luck!
I did the same thing for the plastic. Just need to know whats on the other side of the drill bit when drilling. Ask me how I know.
Based on the OPs avatar, I think he is talking about his front storage compartment, not the body plastic. Sounds like a new latch is needed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts