Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of coolers do y'all take on the trail? I'm looking for one to go on the front rack. I would love to find one that was long and shallow. Thanks for any help that you might be able to give me.

·
Registered
679 Posts
In my neck of the woods I only need a cooler for a few months out of the year in the summer. I have used one inside my rear cargo bag just to keep my beverages from bouncing around. Which brings me to your long and shallow search. Unless you are just packing water, whatever would be inside your cooler is going to bounce and slide all over. Carbonated drinks are going to explode, unless you create some type of baffle system inside the cooler.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
My rear bag has a small cooler that can be clipped into the center section. It's one of those soft sided types that holds a 12 pak. I usually only have 3 cans of beer and a couple of sandwiches & jerky inside. I lay the cans down flat in between 2 of those Blue Ice reuseable packs.
Found it at the Sportsmans Guide.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What kind of coolers do y'all take on the trail? I'm looking for one to go on the front rack. I would love to find one that was long and shallow. Thanks for any help that you might be able to give me.
We, too, have been kicking around the idea of a cooler on the front with our gas and chainsaw in the back basket. Seems like having the cooler away from the exhaust would be a better idea. And some weight redistributed over the front would be nice with our Touring, also. We looked into some soft cooler atv bags and a lot of the negative comments were that they leaked. A hard plastic or metal cooler might be better. Not sure, would love to hear some other thoughts on this one.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The best soft cooler I have ever used is from American outdoors. They r pricey but work very, very well. I have one in my rear bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was just looking at a Engel 30 quart Dry Box/ Cooler....

Can be purchased on sale right now for $59.99 in white or tan. Engel 30 Quart Dry Box Cooler UC 30 - austinkayak.com - Product Details Join their email on the front page of their website at the bottom and you can get a coupon code for 20% off one item and free shipping over $39.

I like the idea of using it also as a dry box for electronics or ammo or personal items. Worth a look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts