Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just purchased part #2878240 from dealer, its a front rack extender. Brought it home and it doesnt fit the box that came on my 2011 Sportsman 500. The box that came with mine seems to be an accessory (OEM#2878235) add on and not the actual stock box that comes on most. Can someone shed some light on this for me? I reallly want the rack in the front for gun grips. Here are some pics of the situation...

According to dealer, there isnt an extender that will fit on these new boxes, can anyone tell me different?

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
I wish I had an answer for you. But that rack extender looks like the one that fits my 08.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I read somewhere here that someone had the same type of issue. I believe the answer was that you had to drill holes in the box lid to mount the rack. And use washers inside the box lid for extra strength. Hope this helps. I wouldn't mind a rack on my front box. Just make sure this is something your willing to do, and that you don't mess with the water seal.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Looks like the extender for the older models. I believe the dealer is right. As far as I know, there's not an extender for the '11 models yet.

·
Registered
958 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am good, I traded for a different box with a buddy who had just bought a 400. I have the extender on now. Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Still not alot of goodies for the H.O's......but looks like this extender will fit it.

Item #: 2878671:

Type Year Model
ATV 2011 Scrambler® 500 4x4
ATV 2011 Sportsman Touring® 500 H.O
ATV 2011 Sportsman® 400 H.O.
ATV 2011 Sportsman® 500 H.O.
ATV 2011 Sportsman® 800 EFI
ATV 2011 Trail Blazer® 330
ATV 2011 Trail Boss® 330

1 - 8 of 8 Posts