Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the owner of a new 570 and I am trying to find an aftermarket front rack extender. Does anyone know where they can be found?
Really pleased with the machine and I have it setup like I want except for the front rack. Front and rear bumpers, 2500# winch w/ synthetic rope, rear padded cargo seat. :veryhappy:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Do you not like the Polaris rack extender?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Check out the ones from purepolaris.com.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked out purepolaris.com and the Polaris website. All of the rack extenders are described as "injection-molded nylon construction with a black powder-coated finish". The black powder-coated finish is a good way to make plastic look and feel like metal. Hopefully an metal aftermarket one will be offered soon. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I promise you mine are steel... Here you go. Notice the material is steel in the first line of the description. Lol
Those look nice.... I also like the "dip" in the front center for the head light.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I promise you mine are steel... Here you go. Notice the material is steel in the first line of the description. Lol
I agree with WilliamD. They are absolutely metal. No questions. I just put mine on a couple of weeks ago and they are great.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Where did you get that page? He is right ....the purepolaris site says it is "injection-molded nylon " But it shows the exact same part number. ?? :nixweiss: Strange.

·
Registered
60 Posts
They have a typo. Zoom in and you can see the welds. I just went and double checked mine. Definitely steel, welded joints... Also they are hollow.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
It looks like they need to fire the advertising proof reader....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WilliamD...no offense taken and I really appreciate all the help and advice that I find on this forum.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts