Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious question; Was looking at the front rack Sportsman 570/450 Tough Rack Front | Polaris ATV but it says the fitment isn't for the the touring model, but will fit the one-up... same front lid, but the only option for it is the rack extender Sportsman® 570 / 450 H.O. Front Rack Extender- Black | Polaris ATV
Obviously, it looks that extra holes will have to be drilled to fasten it to front lid with either machine, but does anyone have an opinion to what works best? Was thinking that the front rack would offer ways to better secure items that fit between the bars, but would the rack extender work better overall for a retaining area...? Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
The rack extender looks exactly like the one I have on my '15 touring and that part number shows it fits '14s, '15s and '16s so I bet the tough rack will fit to. It says it will fit my '15 and I don't think there was a lid change in design.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I asked a Polaris rep and was told that the front rack would fit on all 570 models as the front rack is the same across the board. including tourings. The Rear rack obviously won't work on the touring. but the front will work fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rack extender looks exactly like the one I have on my '15 touring and that part number shows it fits '14s, '15s and '16s so I bet the tough rack will fit to. It says it will fit my '15 and I don't think there was a lid change in design.
Thanks for the comparison, good to know. I thought the lids look very much alike, and was thinking they would be to save on manufacturing costs, but for some reason the Polaris website (and some others) state that there is no fitment for the tough rack on the touring model.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked a Polaris rep and was told that the front rack would fit on all 570 models as the front rack is the same across the board. including tourings. The Rear rack obviously won't work on the touring. but the front will work fine.
Awesome, thanks for the inquiry! That definitely gives confidence when ordering online. Both racks are currently the same price (tough rack is on sale). Thanks again

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know I am late to the party with this, but just in case someone else searches for info on the Front Tough Rack part#2882321:

The finish is not high quality. If you are looking for a good powder coat you will be disappointed. I installed mine this weekend on my 17.
I do love the tie down options and that is why I purchased mine. I put a couple of shovels on the front and the finish is pretty scuffed and scratched.
For securing a small load this rack is awesome. It beefs up the flimsy feel of the compartment lid, and was easy to install (10 min. by myself).
I would still recommend this rack to a friend.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
sbla,

you might consider doing a plasti-dip coating or similar rubberized coating over the rack to keep a nicer finish on it.

Reactions: sbla

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great idea. If I do this I will take some before and after pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts