Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my front coil springs, getting some sag. Is this a pretty easy job? Does the shock spring come out so you can replace them off the quad?

Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
What bike you working on?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
It is fairly easy. Just go rent the strut tool from oriley's, compress the springs and unbolt the top. Slide the spring off, compress the new one's, slide them on and bolt back in place.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Use the search function. There's a detailed, step by step thread on here for replacing the springs. I didn't even need a spring tool. Took me about 45 minutes to do both, including removing the front box.

Just be sure not to pull the strut too far out to the side while you're working on it. It could possibly pop the cv joint off the axle, then you have to take that apart and fix it.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Razor is correct,
I did mine on my '07 in less than an hour. Used the compressor for the first one then discovered its not needed and did the second in a couple minutes!!

Go slowly and watch what your doings, its easy. If in doubt, take pics of what goes where...

I gotta do my rears next!!

I went with EPIs up front and HI-Lifters out back. Only because the HI-Lifters are available and cheaper. I was told they are both EPI manufactured... Pics show HI-Lifters are Yellow... gonna have to paint first. But at 20$ cheaper, no biggie. NOT a fan of most companies "paint" anyhow... Even my EPI fronts are showing rust... Gonna pull then too and re paint. Rustoleum Hammered!!!

CW

CW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts