Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I'm a newby, bought my first atv yesterday after years of borrowing one of my buddies. I bought a clean used sportsman X2 500 EFI. I have a question. On my front storage box there are 2 steel guides / rails that look like they have something attach to them. Could someone tell me what it is that does so? I have attached a pic of the machine.
Really looking forward to getting into this and hope I used all the right terms....lol

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
That's a great machine you bought. I'm not real sure what the purpose of those steel rails are. You have them in the rear bed as well. You can hook bungee's into them when strapping down gear, but I've never seen anything purposely made for them. My guess is they are just for a sturdy, solid tie down point. Not part of the Lock n Ride system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

So I guess my next question is the lock and ride what is it and can someone show me or point me to where I can find info on how it works

Thanks again to all

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
So I guess my next question is the lock and ride what is it and can someone show me or point me to where I can find info on how it works

Thanks again to all

Lock and ride is a rubber plug with a bolt thru the middle. When you tighten the bolt you make the plug bigger in diameter. The plug uses a cam lever and a nut on the bottom to adjust tension.

You mount a bracket to the box, attach the L&R to that bracket and align the L&R with a hole in the rack and cam the lever over expanding the plug holding the box or what ever snugly to the rack... pretty neat idea that works very well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Polaris-Lock-Ride-Anchor-Kit-2876420-/120843534394?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c22d6003a&vxp=mtr

CW

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are the thing that look like drain plugs for a boat I see? So I assume there is aftermarket boxes that I can get using this system for more cargo?

Thanks for everyone's help.....gee I can't wait to get this thing out this weekend

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
You are going to enjoy the X2. Its a very handy machine.

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
If memory serves, you have either two or four holes in the top rails of your rear box that are for lock n ride accessories. There are none on the front of your X2.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts