Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy new tires for my scrambler and I am interested in ITP mudlites. I know that the stock tire size for the fronts is 23x7x10, but the only closest one ITP sells is 23x8x10. My question is, will that extra inch cause problems rubbing against the strut or something? Will I need wheel spacers?

Also, I am in need of some new wheels as well, so I was hoping to get something kinda cool. My problem is that the front bolt pattern is very common, while the rear wheels have a 4/4 bolt pattern and nobody sells any cool ones. If anyone knows of some cool 4/4 rims let me know

·
Registered
615 Posts
Going to a 23x8-10 front tire wont cause any issues. I just put a complete set of STI Black Diamond ATRs on my 07 Scrammie this last Tuesday and went with that size up front.

As for wheels, I found out for the rears you have to search for golf cart wheels and you will find a ton of 10" wheels with the 4/4 bolt pattern. Just be careful on the backspacing, as a majority of the ones I looked at were a 10"x7" wheel, which is 1.5"s narrower than stock and the backspacing was all over the place. The trick is finding a matching front rim with the 4/156 bolt pattern.

Aother option to get some different wheels is getting hub adapters to go from the 4/4 to a 4/110 or 4/156 pattern. Those seem to be a lot more common bolt pattern.

Also, someone on here mentioned a different rear hub fitting on the scramblers, with a more common bolt pattern, but I have no idea which model's hubs they were or what year scramblers they fit.

Also, Discount Tire sells some 12" ATV wheels that have a 4x101.6 bolt pattern, which is the same as a 4/4. Link

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay perfect, I think I'm gonna end up buying the mudlites then. I will also have to look into a hub swap and see how much that would cost me. I didn't realize how hard it would be to get new wheels for this thing! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
to be honest look for another tire..i have mud lites on my suzuki...they get flats bad...thin thin side walls....mine are cracking after 2 years..I had to tube them...some like them..so its up to you....they got the nick name plug lites....i had sticks puncture my sides....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts