Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Polaris 500 and when I back up the left front wheel locks whether it is 4 wheel or not. I have to back up and go foward several times to get the wheel to unlock. What is the problem? And how do I fix it ? Thank You, Uncle Ray

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Brake problem? I wouldn't think so?? And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
23 Posts
wheel lock up

Howdi there uncle Ray, I would check if a cv boot is ripped causing mud and dirt to contaminate the front hub bearings, or there's no oil in the front hub.

Let me know.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Did this happen suddenly, I see where Midcity is going with this , Are you sure its the brake? Has there been a good visual Inspection on the brakes?

·
Registered
421 Posts
id say its the 4x4 magnets in the hub. there prone to magnitizing is what iv heard. id say it wouldnt be the cv boots since the shaft turns reguardless if your in 4x4 or not. the 4x4 enguagment is in the hubs with magnets. and over time parts will magnitze and start to stick.

·
Registered
421 Posts
and the dirt and what not cant get to the bearings though the cv boot. now if it was a seal on the axel carrier. thats a differnt stry. but then you should beable to tell with the oil all over from the awd hub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts