Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 550 xp eps.
front prop shaft: u joints are shot, so I knocked out the pin in the front yolk but the yolk is frozen on the splines. the back of the prop shaft rides easy on the trany side as I can see from all the play in the ujoints. whats the trick to get the yolk off without destroying the front differential? I will try more spray and more time but I hope someone has a trick.
thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
got it loose. more and better spray. Corrosion X, took a break and then a few more light to med hammer taps and out it came. I guess better than my 500 which had a perpetual loose yolk to shaft issue.
happy riding

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
yes never sieze is your best friend when doing axle an shaft work....when I replaced my axles ..they got a coat on them before assembly...

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
yes ATF an acetone is a good rust buster so is acetone mixed with marvel mystery oil...
I got a little chuckle out of this post. YOLK is part of an EGG and a Yoke is part of an atv. That acetone and anti-sieze will absolutely ruin the taste of his egg....LOL

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
yes ATF an acetone is a good rust buster so is acetone mixed with marvel mystery oil...
I got a little chuckle out of this post. YOLK is part of an EGG and a Yoke is part of an atv. That acetone and anti-sieze will absolutely ruin the taste of his egg....LOL
That there's funny I don't care what you say...:zahn:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Good laugh never hurt!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts