Polaris ATV Forum banner

Frustrated!!!!

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  AV8B6015 
#1 ·
Just going to vent a little bit. Why does a company like Highlifter purposely release a product knowing damn well they don't have the ability (or desire I'm guessing) to even come close to keeping up with demand? Highlifter isn't new at this, and every time they release a new tire, they KNOW that demand will be through the roof. Why wouldn't they prepare even a little bit and get the manufacturing capability to make more than a handful of tires a day? My dealer ordered 32.5's when they were released. They're still not here. 3 months is not acceptable.

I'm about to get some 32 Silverbacks and be done with it. Bunch of A-holes.

Plus, my axles from Cobra must have been on that Malaysian plane, because they're still not here.

#2 ·
To have an false demand for a product, which creates a buzz about the new product that no one can get their hands on( like you just did here for example), in turn allowing them to charge more.

#3 ·
Oh, I get it. I just don't like it. And I'm sure they could create the same demand by making people wait one month. 3 months is a bit much, I think. Plus, when you call Highlifter, all you ever hear is "We have a big shipment coming in, but we don't know exactly when or exactly what's on it. We also don't know if your dealer will get any of this shipment" which is all lies. They know (or should know) exactly what's coming when and where each single item is going.

This business model obviously works for them, but like I said, I don't like it. It's no way to treat (potential) customers.

#5 ·
And that's where it gets complicated. I am seriously about to do just that. Been thinking real hard on some 32" Silverbacks. They're in stock, ready to ship. Problem is, they're not my first choice, so I'm afraid that I'll buy them, and a couple of months down the road Outlaws will once again be available, and I'll want those. Plus, the 'backs actually cost more than the 32.5 Outlaws!
I'm actually thinking I'm just about over the 32.5's anyway, they look goofy to me. I'm leaning more toward 31" skinnies, but those are also impossible to get.
We have a big ride planned in 4 weeks, and that's not making me any more patient.

#6 ·
It sucks when there is a limited source for anything you want, that's for sure. I make it a point to never buy anything from a place that treated me poorly, and make sure I tell others of the bad experience I have had

#7 ·
I've found that about 2 weeks is the most anyone will wait for a product. If someone orders something from me I make sure to give them as accurate of info as I can. If you le it will come out eventually. I've heard a lot of this type of thing about them and it has kept me from looking into carrying any of their products.

#9 ·
I've found that about 2 weeks is the most anyone will wait for a product.
That's a very true statement..... I personally hate to wait anything more than two weeks with shipping time included, and frankly anything over a week starts to chap my @ss usually. As when I finally decide what brand/product I want to purchase..... I want it now, once you have my money!!

#8 ·
Personally I really dislike dealing with Highlifter, there is the fact nobody can tell you when something will be shipped then I get into the fact I live in Canada and Highlifter doesn't collect and pay the duty on there products so I have to be home for delivery from UPS cause I have to pay that shit. But the reason I really dislike dealing with them is that if you dare mention somebody else s product while on the phone with them they will spend 5 minutes trashing it. Giving there axles a try cause I heard good things but honestly again not really impressed and without putting any miles on them I am regretting not getting Rhino's instead.

#10 ·
I quit dealing with highlifter long ago. They're a joke

#11 ·
The only Highlifter products I've owned are tires. As far as tires go, No one else is really on the same level. I've tried the 30" SIlverbacks, and they rode rough as all get out, and they ran very small. I haven't tried Terminators, but those I know who have them are almost all looking for different tires now.

A glimmer of hope appeared today. Highlifter called my dealer and said his 32.5's are on the way, so they should be here early next week at the latest. I also found a used set of 31's locally for a good price. I may buy those and keep them just in case I really can't stand the 32.5's. Either way, I should be able to sell the set I don't like and get my money back.

Now if the Cobra axles will ever get here, I can get this beast going!!!

#12 ·
It has begun!
Tires are in (plus I have a nearly new set of 31's if I don't like the 32.5's) and the axles have arrived. Took the Scrambler to the installer, hopefully it'll be ready around the end of the week although I have to work nights all weekend.
I took it up there stock. I'll get it back lifted, raked, snorkeled, clutched, with no limit wheels and 32.5 Outlaw 2's. I can't wait.

#13 ·
Cant wait to see it. Since we get 5 million feet of snow every year I'm most likely lifting mine big and putting either silver backs or outlaws on it, stockish quads are absolutely useless around where I ride. Either muskeg in the summer or extremely deep snow in the winter

#14 ·
It's all done!! I posted a pic in the photo thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.