Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale 2012 Polaris Sportsman 850 HO XP EPS. It is Magnetic Metallic. Only has 14.1 miles and 2.6 hours. Purchased under 2 months ago. I do have title in hand. Has winch, front and rear brush guards and front storage box. Asking 9000 OBO. I live in Littleton CO. You can text or call me at 303 919 9272.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I owned 2 Grizzlys before and I just like the feel of them better. Just trying to sell this and get back into a Grizzly.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
hey your on GC haha I just seen your post. I hope it works out for you. You will just be another guy that ditches his Polaris for a yamaha. Don't worry I am doing the same thing

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I would say it is high, I got mine new otd for $9k with the winch, tax, title, and license. (then I added some others things)

Side note: I ride with Grizzly guys, they have more problems then my Popo's and yet they rip on the Popo's???? One of the guys rode my new one and hated it, liked my older sportsmans ride better. To each there own I guess... PS with my stock tires on the 850, i have had to push them out 3 or 4 times and they have big mud tires, that 3 wheel drive system is horrible, just saying. Also it seems they tip over at least once on every ride so the Grizzly's are very tippy, I would recommend the Can am over the Grizzly, but I think the Can am rides more like the Popo, so you would prolly not like it.. Here are some pictures of the Grizzly stuck where my new 850 made it through, LOL... So good luck with the Grizzly, Plus I think the new ones are real spendy too..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Not sure which 3 wheel drive system you mean, but the Grizzly has a lockable front axle. I like the power delivery on them, as they engage much sooner and smoother then any polaris I have ridden (lower rpm). That being said, the shorter wheelbase and slightly narrower width do make it seem a little tippy...but the steering is so much easier then my sportsman. If they extend the wb a bit and come out with a vtwin, I will have to seriously consider one

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
If you have riddin one you know what I am talking about, when you hit the 4 wheel drive you only get 3 wheels to spin, you have to pull a lever and hit a button to get the diff to lock and by then your stuck, I like hitting my awd button and getting all wheels to go. And I have seen him hit his diff lock many times and it seems to never work, kind of intermittent for it to work. He may just have gotten a bad quad but both of his are the same, well he is down to one now as one crapped out (was an 08) granted he beat the piss out of them, but again I was right there with them on every ride and the old 800 always out shined them (maybe thats why he rips on Polaris, cuz he's jealous, LOL) All and all Grizzly's are good bikes, I am just pointing out things I have seen from experience and want everyone to know that all machines break regardless of make or model, I have even seen the supposed everlasting Honda's crap out too trying to keep up with us in the mud :biglaugh:...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did u guys watch the 10 second race between the 700 yamaha and the 850 polaris the 850 was 10 quad lengths ahead amazing I love my 850xp!!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
If you have riddin one you know what I am talking about, when you hit the 4 wheel drive you only get 3 wheels to spin, you have to pull a lever and hit a button to get the diff to lock and by then your stuck, I like hitting my awd button and getting all wheels to go. And I have seen him hit his diff lock many times and it seems to never work, kind of intermittent for it to work. He may just have gotten a bad quad but both of his are the same, well he is down to one now as one crapped out (was an 08) granted he beat the piss out of them, but again I was right there with them on every ride and the old 800 always out shined them (maybe thats why he rips on Polaris, cuz he's jealous, LOL) All and all Grizzly's are good bikes, I am just pointing out things I have seen from experience and want everyone to know that all machines break regardless of make or model, I have even seen the supposed everlasting Honda's crap out too trying to keep up with us in the mud :biglaugh:...
Well I dont think they will ever have as many problems as my 850
2 times oil in air box
3 starting motors
bearing carryer snapped
frame broke
electrolyse when not in salt water
2 axles
upper rear a-arm broke

that's all in 1600 miles of riding the exact same as all our other bike and its the only one that brakes

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Well my experience has been different, so good luck to you! Here is the group I ride with and those Grizzly's tip at least once a ride and the Red one is gone due to the front diff locking up and throwing her, 5 minutes after this photo was taken!! She was ok as she felt something was wrong and was slowing down! The blue one has had the front cv joints replaced and motor mounts (that could be from being tipped multiple times though, LOL)

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Guys, this is a person trying to sell his atv on here. Please don't start taking over the thread with something else that isn't helping it sell it.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Ah Contrary, I am talking his machine up, and it is keeping his string at the top of the new posts section! I have the exact same quad and love it! I wish him all the luck on selling it!

·
Registered
331 Posts
850 XP HO is a beast!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts