Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS:Looney Tuned Exhaust w/ Quiet Core - Sportsman 850

I am selling my Looney Tuned Slip-On with the Looney Tuned 1.75" removable quiet core.

It sounds great and it is in pretty good shape. There are two reasons I am selling it. 1) My wife doesn't like it 2)I use my ATV for hunting.

Everyone I ride with, besides my wife, says it sounds great and that it isn't annoyingly loud.

I bought this setup from a user on this site. I have never submerged it or anything like that, so the packing should be fine.
It comes with all needed hardware to install, besides the one-page instructions for installation, which most would not need...I will gladly type up the steps for the install...It won't take much.

I will also include the piece of wire that I used, this makes removing/installing the exhaust springs a breeze.

I need to get $200 shipped.
This is a huge savings over a new one...which is $339 for exhaust + $24.95 for QC + about $20 = $383.95

Links to MFG website:
Sportsman 850 : Black +$10

Accessories

You can see the only thing wrong with the pipe is on the left hand side of the can...the black has peeled just a little bit, this on the inside of the can, so it can't even be seen when installed. I don't think it will peel anymore...the black is just a wrap put over the regular aluminum can, so you could take the wrap off and it would be the same as buying a regular aluminum one. Not sure why Looney Tuned did a wrap and not a coating, but it was like that when I bought it an it hasn't gotten any worse.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can't believe nobody is interested in this thing!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Did you need anything else on your quad for it to run perfectly (like a programmer)? I know that typically only full exhausts lean you out but I have heard of slip-ons leading to problems.

How hard was it to take on and take off?? I wouldn't mind putting it on/using it when I go on my legal rides but around my area I need to keep a very quiet footprint. If installing it takes hours, that would not be feasible.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If I hadn't just bought my mbrp I would had snatched it up as soon as you posted it

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you need anything else on your quad for it to run perfectly (like a programmer)? I know that typically only full exhausts lean you out but I have heard of slip-ons leading to problems.

How hard was it to take on and take off?? I wouldn't mind putting it on/using it when I go on my legal rides but around my area I need to keep a very quiet footprint. If installing it takes hours, that would not be feasible.
I pulled the plugs after I installed it and ran it a bit to make sure it wasn't running lean...plugs looked great...I did not use any type of programmer.
I think it improved the throttle response.

Install time obviously depends greatly on mechanical ability, but I would say install time would be about 1.5 hours for the first time doing it. When I put the stock back on it only took about 1 hour...so if you did it a couple times I would say you could get it down to 45ish minutes. That's my guess.

Thanks for the interest everyone and if you have any more questions just ask.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can you take it off and measure the ID of the opening?
What is ID? Lol

Yeah, I will measure it this afternoon...I'm at the dang grocery store right now.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
inside diameter. does it take a donut gasket where the elbow meets the muffler?
I was joking about the ID thing.
No, the donut gasket is where elbow meets the header pipe. The joint that meets the muffler is slip-over fit.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Heard one of these on an 850 the last couple of days in wv....it sure sounded good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heard one of these on an 850 the last couple of days in wv....it sure sounded good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Yours can sound good too!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
inside diameter. does it take a donut gasket where the elbow meets the muffler?
I told you I would get the measurement today, but my 6 month old got sick with a stomach virus all of a sudden. I will get it tomorrow…sorry for the delay.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Would you happen to know how loud this would be compared to the hmf swamp xl? Also can the stock heat shield still be used with this slip on? And by that I mean the larger heat shield above the canister that is half moon shaped? I know the small one above the inlet pipe cannot be used.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would you happen to know how loud this would be compared to the hmf swamp xl? Also can the stock heat shield still be used with this slip on? And by that I mean the larger heat shield above the canister that is half moon shaped? I know the small one above the inlet pipe cannot be used.
I don't know about the sound level comparison .

With very little modification I am pretty sure you could use it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sold thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts