Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polaris rep said that the fuel gauges are not that accurate. He said as long as it is working that's all you get. He said you have to know your ATV. Not the answer I was looking for. When your display starts flashing you need to get fuel fast. By the way, does anyone know how far you can go after it begins to flash?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hope the moron who designed it doesn't design them for aircraft!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree you need to know how far you can go with the trip meter.I got CONFUSED with looking down the fuel tank on my XP.I cant see the bottom of the fuel tank!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (because I hope I am) but I believe I heard the XP (with EPS) holds 4.5 gallons and can only go about 60-70 miles.

Somebody please tell me I'm wrong because I don't want to have to be worrying about fuel the whole time I'm on these long trail trips.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Right from the dealer to my garage toped the fuel tank off(which holds 4.5 gallons) drive machine 80 miles smooth roads return and fill up apox 4.0 gallons added. Next day real trail riding lot of slow rocky stuff. Ok my average is about 16 mpg or 65 miles on the trip meter.Yes I will carry extra fuel but I think 65 on the trip meter is where I draw the line till its broke in.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah that's probably a good idea. I have noticed mine getting better as I go along so hopefully it'll reach around 20 mpg or 80-90 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts