Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many out there use fuel injector cleaner? Think I’ll give it a shot, not because of any issue but as preventative maintenance. 🤓
29E44381-A06E-408D-8E00-87CDBFDB9005.jpeg

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
171 Posts
Funny you asked that, I’ve been thinking the same thing. -using as maintenance treatment, no probs.
My 850 is a gas hog and they seem to run rich, so I thought it would be a good idea.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know at first I was thinking of a “dedicated “ fuel injector treatment. Reading through the one above it’s the same thing as Stabil, which I already have. Need to investigate a little more. Is regular fuel injector cleaner the same
as Stabil? If it is maybe I’ll run 4 oz. per tank!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don’t think so, look at the Chevron Techron Fuel system Cleaner. It acts on deposits including carbon. I’ve used it on many cars with good results.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-STA-BIL Storage Fuel Stabilizer keeps fuel fresh for up to 24 months and provides quick and easy starts after storage. It removes water to prevent corrosion and cleanses carburetors and fuel injectors. This product protects engines from gum, varnish, rust and corrosion and prolongs the life of any engine.

Almost verbatim what Techron says...no

·
Premium Member
9,736 Posts
I use Sta-bil 360°, Startron, and AMSoil fuel treatments. They claim generally the same things. Fuel life, anti ethonal, power gains, MPGs, and a cleaner.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny thing is I’m running Stabil right now. Oh well, I guess I won’t fix it cause the wheel(er) ain’t broke!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I haven’t used anything yet, I don’t need a stabilizer as i go through fuel pretty quick, but have been thinking about using a “Cleaner”. I’ll have to look at recent or newer products. I have however found a gas station not to far away that has pure gas, (non ethanol) I’m going to start running that after this tank.

·
Registered
2017 Sportsmen XP 1000 Touring
140 Posts
Remember there is fuel stabilizer for fuel storage, AND a fuel treatment for operating engines. Both are different and not interchangeable.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks, that’s exactly right, and I didn’t know it...LOL. I think I’ll give that stuff a try as I do think it’s good to run a cleaner through fuel systems occasionally.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Remember there is fuel stabilizer for fuel storage, AND a fuel treatment for operating engines. Both are different and not interchangeable.
sab1 they do make “different” products, but aside from color they are pretty much the same.

F48D60A7-50E0-450F-ACFA-7EC9A7987BC9.jpeg
BA3FB451-7D5D-4C29-81F4-3A8152901964.jpeg
E520CAA4-C691-4754-A93D-76308EC085DF.jpeg
7174FD03-F123-4184-A62E-EA4037DEE678.jpeg

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If your buying your gas from a reliable company it is in the gas already.
And PoPo3 if they actually put it in as advertised then I guess it would be redundant.o_O

·
Registered
41 Posts
We've had fuel injected Polaris ATV's for about a decade, and are on our third pair. Never used a fuel additive, and one of them sits for six months (the other for snow plowing). Never had an issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How many out there use fuel injector cleaner? Think I’ll give it a shot, not because of any issue but as preventative maintenance. 🤓 View attachment 139766
How many out there use fuel injector cleaner? Think I’ll give it a shot, not because of any issue but as preventative maintenance. 🤓 View attachment 139766
I have religiously used Marine Stable 1-2 ozs per 5 gal and 2 oz of Lucas oil for probably 8-10 yrs with no problems was recommended to me by a reputable small engine repair shop i think there’s a lot of good products out there most manufacturers are recommending some sort of fuel additive for the ethanol bs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts