Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2016 sportsman 570 efi eps fuel to the injector,but not going into cylinder, one electrical connection red and black wire is there a voltage check to be done there?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it is a red and blue wire that goes to the injector looking how to test if power is getting to the injecor

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
Check the resistance of the injector

There is no voltage check that can be done with simple tools - with an oscilloscope or a peak voltage tester, you may check the voltage drop across the injector with the engine running or you may check the voltage between the two wires with the injector unplugged, but there is no published voltage specification to compare it to - if you check the peak voltage with an oscilloscope and apply the average DC voltage to the injector to open it, you can observe flow, but that is about it.

If you take it to a dealer and have them run the diagnostic on it, they can determine the problem.

Most likely - if you have correct pressure

and the fuel is not getting into the air stream, the ECU is the problem, but EFI has to be diagnosed electronically.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no dealer within a 1000 miles, the plug is firing and dry, and fuel in being pump into the injector, but not getting though to the cylinder, injector is 60.00 so iam trying that first, than the control module, which looks to be 500.00.Question are they a plug and play unit? thanks for answering my post.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the other question do injectors just quit, or more likely its the control module?

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
90% of EFI problems are connections and 90% of connection problems are grounds - the control module may need to be programmed prior to installation.

Why would you own a vehicle with no support location for 1000 miles?

I suggest you get a vehicle with a carburetor - at least it will not die of a bad resistor or from one bad connection out of 100 possible connections.

And - injectors seldom fail - they are essentially a solenoid valve - very durable unless Chinese constructed - then it's anybody's guess.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
had a dealer but Polaris pulled his dealer ship thank you Polaris for leaving a lot of us stranded.

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
It's not Polaris leaving you stranded - it was your dealer.

If Polaris pulled his franchise, it was because the dealer failed to fulfill his obligation of the franchise agreement or multiple violations of the franchise agreement stipulations (like failure to invest in employee training or required diagnostic tools). His failure to fulfill the agreement could have been based on customer complaints, low sales volume (the agreement has a quota that has to be met), failure of customers support of the business (customers who do not return for scheduled maintenance service and buy parts and accessories online instead of the brick and mortar store).

I suggest you sell the unit and get one with a supporting dealer nearby or get a unit with a carburetor that you can diagnose and service yourself.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand your loyalty to Polaris, but Polaris made a decision in their interest to close the dealer with out any consideration to the customer who bought their product, purely business, within a 100 yards of my house there are 7 Polaris atv, even the idea of selling a machine which doesn't run makes no sense, plus I wouldn't do that to someone else and put them in the spot that Polaris has put me. thank you again for your help but your bed side manner sucks

·
Premium Member
10,232 Posts
I understand your loyalty to Polaris, but Polaris made a decision in their interest to close the dealer with out any consideration to the customer who bought their product, purely business, within a 100 yards of my house there are 7 Polaris atv, even the idea of selling a machine which doesn't run makes no sense, plus I wouldn't do that to someone else and put them in the spot that Polaris has put me. thank you again for your help but your bed side manner sucks
You knuckle head he isn't loyal to Polaris but he is right!!!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Well I’m not a premium member. And I can’t think of anyone better to help you on this matter on this site. That Polaris comment was really stupid. I believe he was legitimately trying to help you!

·
Premium Member
10,232 Posts
No bud its more like brotherly love, haha. I think you have a bad deal but i dont think its Polaris fault. Im with you bud just trying to help!! so is latebird he is one of the good guys!!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I feel his pain too! Helpless feeling 1000 miles from help. At the same time, and I re-read the thread, but Latebird was all in an doing his best to help and then was disrespected. But I’m no Angel and I’ve said regrettable things myself! :unsure:

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
Knuckle head is name calling? I must be a real asshole as I have referred to some people much more disrespectful than knuckle head. If being a knuckle head offends you, then you don't want to get on my bad side.

Fuel injection on recreational vehicles is technology run amok - why don't we have fuel injection on lawn mowers and chainsaws? Because it's overly complicated and unnecessary. If you only wanted to run at a single speed or did not care about instant throttle response you could control the vehicle with a water faucet for air control and a needle valve for fuel control, but for a change in engine speed or power, both valves would have to be adjusted somewhat simultaneously.

An electrical engineer cannot repair or resurrect a failed ECM with simple hand hand tools (unless his name is MacGyver), but the adept redneck can gravity feed a carburetor if a vacuum fuel pump fails to get out of a hairy situation. A broken throttle cable can be operated by hand, but a servo motor on the side of a throttle body cannot not be operated if the throttle control on the handlebar is damaged.

I don't have a 'smart' phone, a car or truck with out a key switch for starting or a fuel injected motorcycle or ATV. I did remove the fuel injection from a Chinese scooter and replaced it with a carburetor to eliminate a problem the factory technicians could not remedy.

If you think you need EFI or just can't live without it, then you will have to learn how to service it yourself if there is no supporting service department near you. Here is an OEM Polaris Digital Wrench diagnostic tool with laptop and access to updates for a little over $1700 on Ebay - getting it is one thing, getting the training to use it is another.

Maybe you should consider investing a couple million dollars to become a Polaris dealer. Do you think the other 7 owners in your neighborhood will spend enough each month just to pay the utility bills? How much profit do you have to make to pay the insurance, taxes, facility maintenance and have enough left over to pay yourself and recover the investment? And what would you do when Polaris Dealer Development personnel inform you that your franchise agreement was to sell 20 new units each month and you only sold 20 in a year. They rescind the franchise, seize all tools and inventory and leave you with a million dollar debt still owed on the binding franchise agreement.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
I forgot to mention, I'm 70 years old and have a bad attitude :poop:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well I turn 70 in November, ex marine who takes no shit or disrespect from anyone.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Since their are no dealers close by, this is a great forum to ask questions. I like fuel injection as I grew up with cars that either were simple fuel injection (chevy throttle body), or complete vacuum hose mess (honda prelude with dual carbs that must be setup in Japan).

On the 570 it has problems with the injector wiring. Quad logic has a connector repair.

One simple method to test a no start. Spray some WD-40 into the throttle body. If it starts, you probably have a fuel problem. One test that used to be valid..Use a volt meter on AC to check the voltage at the injector while cranking. It's digital, but because of the peaks and valleys, it will register a voltage.

One other thing..On cars they would have a positive 5volts full time, and switch the negative for a pulse. So one wire should be full time 5volts...but that's on throttle body injection from late 80's and very early 90's.

One thing that can happen with fuel injection. It can go into a full "flood" if something goes wrong. Disconnect the injector, hold the throttle wide open, and crank for a few times. It might be flooded because of a wiring problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
got it fixed,turned out to be a ground problem, some "old fart" told me that could be the problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts