Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Could be but mostlikly its the needle and seat.
its pretty easy to clean the needle n seat on a 2 stroke carb but if you pull it off and flip it over pull the 4 screws out you'll see the float plate knock out the little pen that holds the plate and the needle will come off with it.
You can use some fine steel wool the clean the bowl and needle and reassemble.
if it still leaks that sell a rebuild kit on eBay for like 25.00 shipped that replaces it all.
Hope this helps...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , I'm assuming you reffered to the 2 stroke carb because you have had snowmobiles. I've had sleds and am very familar with Mikuni slide type carbs but this is going to be a learning experience. I guess I'm dealing with varnish or dirt since you mentioned steel wool. Should I just get the new needle and seat and be done with it? I'm cleaning my garage and planning on pulling the carb tomorrow. The one thing I'm a little skeptical about is remember how easy the slide came off of the sleds and their was a barrell o. The throttle cable. You just maneuvered it through a plate and the needle was held with a e clip. I read a thread o. Another web site of a guy having trouble getting the throttle cable disconnected to get the carb off the motor. I'm overthinking for sure I'll let you know if I have problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts