Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI Twin and i have a few problems 1 is it seems to be using alot of fuel more than i think it should but maybe im wrong im using a full tank to about 25 miles of normal trail riding. 2 is that my fuel gauge is always reading full until im basically all the way out of fuel. and 3 is that my fuel tank gets so hot that it makes the gas almost boil in the tank.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The boiling issue is well known. Pull the tank off and insulate the bottom area from the head pipes. Gauge reading is part of the sending unit on the fuel pump, just like a car. As far as fuel mileage, you should do much better than that, but there are a lot of variables that effect it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Use the stuff they have at the autoparts store, adhesive backed thermoreflective, you can also add that heat wrap they make for the headers and help reduce heat from the headers, I have that on my list of things to do myself, I did the tank insulation already, just need to find time to wrap the headers now

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok that sounds great I gotta find out how to fix the fuel level problem and why it's using so much fuel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts