Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I'm replacing the fuel lines on my 2003 Polaris Sportsman 700 twin and got the fuel lines mixed up. Does anyone know what line coming out the bottom of the gas tank is the main fuel line and which one is the reserve? Also which line does into the correct petcock connection? Thank!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,060 Posts
NOTE: the outlets may be switched due to a previous service - pour a small amount of mineral spirits or alcohol into the tank - the port the fuel runs out of first is reserve - the petcock ports are labeled, but may be reversed depending on the orientation of the device - connect the reserve line to the petcock and turn the knob to the reserve position (as indicated on the plastic side panel) if no liquid flows out the nipple to the fuel pump, switch the line to the other inlet nipple - when you have it right, turning the knob to the 'ON' position should result in no flow out of petcock until the liquid level in the tank has been increased sufficiently to reach the top of the 'main' fuel outlet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks latebird. Yeah I poured has in the tank and it came out the left side line just like the diagram. Thanks for the help mate.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts