Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Sportsman 850 XP Orange Madness. I'm thinking of getting fuel pack for it but do not want to put it on front rack to block the headlight From the POD. Maybe rear rack or something? Any of you have picture of where you put your fuel pack at and where you get that fuel pack from? Does those fuel pack leak gas when riding on trail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
455 Posts
Check out the atv super store online. Thor has a setup where you put 2 one gallon tanks in the front box on the xp.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I've had front mounted fuel packs on a 500ho and now a rear mounted back on the 850 Touring. Both setups worked well.... no issues at all.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
RotoPax is the only option I would consider

·
Registered
4,081 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,130 Posts
Check out the atv super store online. Thor has a setup where you put 2 one gallon tanks in the front box on the xp.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2
The problem with that setup is that you lose half of your storage up front. Not an option for me. I prefer my Rotopax mounted up front on top of the box. If I'm going to ride at night, I just fill up and remove the Rotopax.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is what I did to carry a couple 2 gallon Rotopax. I have had them on the machine for about 7,000 km's with no leaks. When doing this I added a second cable on lid for extra support. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Rotopax.com

·
Registered
112 Posts
Interesting mounting solution. I went with the lock base on top of the lid and some large spacers below, at the bolts. The vertical piece bolted to the base (per instructions) and the base with 4 carriage bolts (supplied) to the plastic....

This is what I did to carry a couple 2 gallon Rotopax. I have had them on the machine for about 7,000 km's with no leaks. When doing this I added a second cable on lid for extra support. Hope this helps.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
301 Posts
i did the same...1 gallon rotopax on each side. I can see just fine at night

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Here's a funky but functional 4 gal. $37 solution that allows you to also mount a 2 gun rack up top and still have full pod functionality:

search cabelas for "Coleman rack maximizer" on clearance for $15

add (2) $11 wally mart 2 gal tanks to your steel gas rack.

Snug fit, bungies only needed so empties don't blow out in pickup bed.

·
Super Moderator
7,130 Posts
If you don't always need to carry the extra gas, and don't want a permanent mount, this is my solution. 22 miles of rock riding and it never budged. Since my two 2 gallon Rotopax won't fit on the small front end of the 570's, and since I've never needed gas while out on the trail, this solution works well for me. A little insurance for peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Kodiakjohn, I hope you don't mind me stealing your mounting place idea;)
I have 2, 2 gallon Rotopaxs coming this week, I like how you did yours.
For about the same price, I ordered some fancy cnc hold down clamps.
Wrong picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 2012 Sportsman 850 XP Orange Madness. I'm thinking of getting fuel pack for it but do not want to put it on front rack to block the headlight From the POD. Maybe rear rack or something? Any of you have picture of where you put your fuel pack at and where you get that fuel pack from? Does those fuel pack leak gas when riding on trail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
This is what I used. Was going to post a full picture but I forgot to take a picture yesterday. Items are listed below. It secured my fuel pack with no problem. I've also used this to secure the cooler for cold drinks. Removable and fast easy. Total cost would probably be close to rotopax mount but I like this better due flexibility of lock and ride.

I bought 2 sets of the straps. I used 2 for fuel packs and 2 for cooler to keep it in place. I used it for my 8 hours ride in Hatfield and it didn't come off. Make sure you secure the lock and ride by using a screw driver.
Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JVAJJNO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SVXS3A2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008S9QLLC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
mounted mine on the rear bumper using the RZR plate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts