Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 sportsman 800 and i just started having fuel problem when it would get hot it would die on me and sound like it was vapor locked. i checked my vents and they were all good, then i checked on a fuel pump from my local dealer and they wanted $500.00 for a new pump because they said they had to sell the tank with it. i wasnt gona pay that so i did some research and if any one needs a fuel pump the part number is e8198 and you can buy one at advanced auto for 90.00 the pump is for a 89-92 hyudai sonata and i put it on and it does work i ride my atv everyday now with no problem its the exact same pump. i figured i would just share this with all of you.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Sweet find there! And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1 Posts
fuel problems with the 800

we are having the same problem with 800 and the local dealer told us the we needed a atv team kit which is a download have you heard about this

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i havent herd of that the dealership never mentioned that to me when i was having my problems but i do no that the hyundai sonata fuel pump will work the year has to be 89-92 and its not that hard to change out at all

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer wanted $ 831 !!!

I can understand making a profit to stay in business, but $ 831
for a pump that costs ~ $90 is absurd.

Are there any special little tricks or problems I should be aware of
in replacing the fuel pump in the fuel tank.

Is the Sonata fuel pump the exact same one Polaris used
or is it just close enough that it works ?

Is there any problems with the Electronic Control Unit interfacing with the fuel pump ?

Looks like this forum may have saved me hundreds of dollars !

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts