Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I thought I would share my newest addition to my X2. I have done what-seems-like endless research attempting to find a fuel system that a) is functional for what I need, b) allows me to access my other accessories (guns, dump box etc) and c) still looks good.

I had a vision and after researching the web, drawing pictures, looking at my machine over countless hours, I finally found the system that I wanted.

Anyways, I needed to drill through my tailgate to mount it, which was exactly what I wanted but just beware if you do something like this, you need to be careful of the tailgate pin/mechanism.

This system allows me to have the additional fuel that I want when hunting/riding etc, is out of the way of my bows or guns etc, and still allows me access to my dump box/2 up riding.

ATV Kolpin Fuel mount.jpg

ATV Kolpin Fuel mount 2.jpg

Take care and safe riding.

Clu

·
Registered
392 Posts
Looks cool! Could you post some pics of the actual bracket and how you have it mounted?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was actually very simple. I basically just lined up the mounting bracket where I wanted it to sit (I checked to see if there was enough clearence for the tailgate to still open), marked the four hole placements on my tailgate with a sharpie, drilled the holes and then used 2x 3 1/2inch (top) and 2x 4 inch (bottom) 5/16th bolt/ locknut with a washer. As I said before, you just have to be careful about the tailggate mechanism (I learned the hard way and drilled the orginal top holes too close to the middle).

The key was finding the mount. Its shape allows it to be fastened to the tailgate, but then still allows the tailgate to be opened, all the while being out of the way of everything else.

The mount is here:

http://www.gearup2go.com/default/ut...in-universal-atv-fuel-pack-bracket-89445.html

Hope this helps. And let me know if you want me to take some other pics still.

Clu

1 - 3 of 3 Posts