Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a full wiring harness for sportsman. And not wanting to pay $500. Anyone out there parting out there bike? Or know a good place online to get one? Thanks for any input!
2008 sportsman 500 efi ho

Part # 2410975

·
Registered
13 Posts
Be careful what you get off of EBAY I am in the process of returning a wiring harness right now the seller said that it was a good used fully functional unit. When it arrived sections of the harness were cut out and some of the connectors were melted. The seller has a 99.1% feedback and still let this garbage go out the door. He is going to refund my money including initial shipping but is refusing to foot the bill to get his trash back to him so it is costing me shipping to open the box which should have never been sent in the first place. Not Happy!! He will receive some negative feedback from me, not that it does much.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Be careful what you get off of EBAY I am in the process of returning a wiring harness right now the seller said that it was a good used fully functional unit. When it arrived sections of the harness were cut out and some of the connectors were melted. The seller has a 99.1% feedback and still let this garbage go out the door. He is going to refund my money including initial shipping but is refusing to foot the bill to get his trash back to him so it is costing me shipping to open the box which should have never been sent in the first place. Not Happy!! He will receive some negative feedback from me, not that it does much.
thats why i ask for multiple pictures

·
Registered
13 Posts
If the dishonest seller purposely avoids taking pictures of the damaged area all of the pictures in the world will do you no good. Creative photo angles can be the sellers friend and the buyers enemy. A honest seller would have disclosed the damage and not portrayed it as fully functional thus saving me the customer the aggravation and cost of return shipping along with the negative feedback he will receive for this transaction.

·
Premium Member
10,361 Posts
I replaced my harness due to damage. I'm not impressed with the quality. I actually tore all the factory loom off and did a re-build to my own standards. with that knowledge of the factory wire harness I don't think investing in a used harness is money well spent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have the same problem with my 2008 Sportsman 500 EFI. Wires keep breaking in the harness at the steering column. Found 9 broken wires the first time (2 years ago) and they still keep breaking. Soldered them and put heat shrink on them and still keep breaking when the steering is moved. Have to tear everything apart again. Starter won't work, 4X4 switch not working and all lights not working. Third time to fix this Polaris wiring mess. Time for a HONDA!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wiring issues

HI...have had same issues with wiring harness underneath headlight pod....wires cracking off time after time...very poor quality......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts