Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I guess I can agree with a 570 being cheap, MSRP of a 2002 (15 yrs old) Sportsman? $7k. 2017 $6700. Impressive job keeping cost of ownership/sport entry low.

Now if people would just stop trying to sell their 10 year old machines for $4-$5 grand...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Right in paid 1500 for my 99 sportsman 335 but it was spotless with only 700 miles had a winch gun boot and deep back rack. All maintenance had been performed by me since 2005. So there was no wondering if it had been rode hard or anything like that. I was told I paid 500 too much but I don't know.

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Problem is nobody seems to have a 570 with any miles on them. I want to see a bike with 10000+ miles along with all the issues, if any, logged.

I put more miles in one year than most guys have on their bikes!
Machines of any brand are a rare find with 10,000+ miles on them. Those that do get that many miles are not typically "trail" machines. Road riding really doesn't put wear on a machine. I have averaged about 1,000 miles per year, on terrain that is a rough as any you will find anywhere. Other than my 850, none of our Polaris atv's have given us any problems, including the 570's. Have close to 1,400 mile on my 570, and the wife has about 1,200 miles on hers.
A typical day of riding looks something like this. A 20 mile ride is a pretty good day of riding.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
Problem is nobody seems to have a 570 with any miles on them. I want to see a bike with 10000+ miles along with all the issues, if any, logged.

Machines of any brand are a rare find with 10,000+ miles on them. Those that do get that many miles are not typically "trail" machines. Road riding really doesn't put wear on a machine. I have averaged about 1,000 miles per year, on terrain that is a rough as any you will find anywhere. Other than my 850, none of our Polaris atv's have given us any problems, including the 570's. Have close to 1,400 mile on my 570, and the wife has about 1,200 miles on hers.
A typical day of riding looks something like this. A 20 mile ride is a pretty good day of riding.
Hard to find? Are you kidding? Lots of em out there! Different bikes/ brands. Especially the farmers!
1400 miles isn't even broke in. I've got about 8000 miles and still don't think I can give an a curate report on the reliability yet. There is one guy with 30000 on his 1000. I think that's a good test, a great test.
All these people on here with so few miles praising how great a machine it is. Put the miles on!

I bet if everyone had bought their Pinto and parked them all the time then they would have went down in history as great cars!

Run em boys and girls. Run em long and hard. Put on some miles and hours. Then tell everyone e if indeed they are as rest as they seem!

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
^ you're a bit shy of 1k a year. Better hit the trails !
Yeah, between the wife's shoulder surgery last summer, and my main riding buddy moving to California, my riding has dropped off somewhat. :sad I have yet to see an atv with anywhere near 10k on it, (don't know if any atv would hold up to 10k miles here in the rocky mountains) and even here on a forum with over 63k members, they are few and far between. For those who do put that many miles on, good on ya. It would take me over 10 years to put those miles on, and I never keep anything that long, except my wife and house. It takes 50 days of riding already for me to get even 1,000 miles a year in.

·
Registered
316 Posts

The vast majority of ATV owners don't sit around like a lot of us on the forums. Many posters only get on here when they start having problems. I am guessing there are far more high mileage 570's out there. Just no need for a guy with 10,000 miles on a machine that is not having problems to get on line and tell people about their trouble free machine.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well I'm guessing it's goin to be hard to find a 570 with 10,000 miles on it as they've only been out a few years. With that being said I'm getting close to 2000 miles on mine, only thing I've replaced is a battery and its spent a good amount of time pulling around large loads. I'm not sure how people can knock the 570 as it's the same tried and true frame/suspension as the 500, only thing different is the motor afaik and the only complaint with that is they run hot. By the way aknawful how many miles you get in year?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Hard to find? Are you kidding? Lots of em out there! Different bikes/ brands. Especially the farmers!
1400 miles isn't even broke in. I've got about 8000 miles and still don't think I can give an a curate report on the reliability yet. There is one guy with 30000 on his 1000. I think that's a good test, a great test.
All these people on here with so few miles praising how great a machine it is. Put the miles on!

I bet if everyone had bought their Pinto and parked them all the time then they would have went down in history as great cars!

Run em boys and girls. Run em long and hard. Put on some miles and hours. Then tell everyone e if indeed they are as rest as they seem!
let's say his 1000 is 3 years,30000 miles on the trail comes down to 2500 hours what means he was every single day 2 hours 20 min on the bike.
if you believe what he says is on you.:wink

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
His bike is a 2012. Same as mine.

I have 12400km or 7750 miles. 2480km or 1550 miles a year average. That's peanuts! And more per year than guys have on their bikes in total, I put that on in one year.

I tink once I hit the 20000km mark I should have a good feel for the reliability and build quality of the bike.

·
Banned
2,959 Posts

let's say his 1000 is 3 years,30000 miles on the trail comes down to 2500 hours what means he was every single day 2 hours 20 min on the bike.
if you believe what he says is on you.:wink
Here you go. Post # 11. He lists some of the stuff he's replaced.

hows your can-am holding up? - Page 2 - Can-Am ATV Forum

21 - 33 of 33 Posts