Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if any of you have experienced this problem, I went to several Polaris dealers in the DFW area to get brake pads for my XP. None of them had any in stock and they are a different part # than the 08 and back sportsman. However the old Part# pads are exactly the same pad, same deminsions and interchange perfectly.

·
Registered
667 Posts
how many miles did you get out of the first set of pads?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how many miles did you get out of the first set of pads?
About 200 miles on the rear, fronts made it to 230. It's real sandy where we ride though and that has a lot to do with the wear rate.

·
Registered
667 Posts
thanks for the info,got 450 miles on my XP pads about half worn.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know 200 wasn't very good pad life. Just the sand is really abrasive only thing I can figure. I'll see how well these new extreme duty pads wear.

How do you like the dalton clutch kit? Thinking about one for the 28" tires.

·
Registered
667 Posts
love the dalton,i have used dalton for years on many quads. see my wright up here about it in the performance mod section.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll check it out

·
Banned
8 Posts
FYI 850 XP Brake Pads

I have the same question...

Hi Kavik, did you test out the Kool-Vue brake Pads? Where did you find them for 50?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Don't know if any of you have experienced this problem, I went to several Polaris dealers in the DFW area to get brake pads for my XP. None of them had any in stock and they are a different part # than the 08 and back sportsman. However the old Part# pads are exactly the same pad, same deminsions and interchange perfectly.
Well not exactly, they fit the same caliper from xp to sportsman but they are different sizes dimensionally. I took some pics of mine..
The xp pad is the bigger pad.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts