Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back today. Everything is pretty much open now except the H&M trails .Officially They open the 20th or 21st. Haven't check the speedo (tired) but pretty sure we got in 200+ miles Got to welsh Thursday night,road the outlaws fri & sat. welsh, mullins, bud , pinnacle creek riders paradise, wagon wheel Didn't see ANYONE on the OL's untill we left Bud Saturday afternoon headed to Riders paradise. Probably be best if you plan on going to bring everything you need.Coffee ,food drinks. (the mom and pop shops did not have coffee) I imagine its gonna get crowded

Premium Member
We are set to go down the end of June 馃榿. I'm hoping the trails won't be SO crowded by then. But from the sounds of it everything is booked up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
We are set to go down the end of June 馃榿. I'm hoping the trails won't be SO crowded by then. But from the sounds of it everything is booked up.
Nice,,Where you staying? What trails do you plan on hitting? If your in the back of your group, crowded isn't as bad as dusty :rolleyes: .If your leading ,Dusty is better then crowded :rolleyes:.

Premium Member
Duce, were going July 26-31, rescheduled from our original plans from last week in March

Premium Member
We stay in gilbert. we are riding for 4 days, actually me and my buddy as we're driving down a day later. so I think the plan is definitely buffalo, bear, pinnicle n outlaws, and devils anse with some rockhouse and buffalo mixed in.

Premium Member
I'll tell you what im going to definitely consider trying to come down in July and meet up!!!

Reactions: FPD218

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
FPD218 ,Nice,how long of a drive is that from wisconsin?
bp405, Iv stayed a few places in Gilbert,Cranbake cabins are nice .,,except for the firehouse.IStayed there once and bailed out on a trip in march because thats where the guys booked. Has 3 bathrooms BUT , 1 room with 8 sets of bunks the kitchen,and living room,Imagine trying to sleep with that,,not me. Have you been to the seawall in matewan? Absolutely incredible. I work on an island and we dont have anything like that

Premium Member
Not been to the seawall in Matewan. I stayed in Matewan once at the Boars Nest my buddy's former co-worker owns it.

Other then that I've stayed in Gilbert. My first year I stayed at the Baby Bear Inn. The last 5 years we stay at and ironically..........the Fire House, lol. We rent both the House and Fire House. I always stay at the Fire House and not in the House, haha. But there's never more then like 5-6 guys in the Fire House at one time when we stay. So like if there's 10-15 guys between the 2 spots that's about it. We are never at capacity.

Premium Member
Oh and I'll be leading this year as my one bud will be in a KRX as he did about 2/3s of the leading when he was on his Griz. Then I would do about 1/4 of the leading with some of the others taking turns for the remainder of the lead. So I'm definitely going to have my Spidey senses set to "HI"!!!!

Premium Member
13 hr drive one way, but well worth it!!

Here is our lodgeing this year...

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
First pic is the whole town of matewan (Battle of matewan) where the shootout with the Brooks Felts(Same as the Pinkertons)Center of pic (by the river) is the door to the seawall. The Bridge to the right is the Kentucky Border and a good gas station with a good selection of H&M T shirts
Second pic is the gates on the highway that close when needed. 3rd is the seawall door that is suprising easy to open and close with some random people that wanted thier pics sent to themFirst pic is the whole town of matewan.Which is where the shootout with the Baldwins Felts (like the pinkertons) happened

Premium Member
Yup we go into Kentucky from Matewan every year. Cross the Tug, fuel up, grab a bite, and head back.

Premium Member
Do you need a Kentucky ATV permit??

Premium Member
no just ride to the gas station then up the street to the strip mall, pizza hut.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts