Polaris ATV Forum banner

FYI - Windshield and Accessories Photos

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jstoppok 
#1 ·
I took some photos of the Polaris windshield and windshield accessories I installed. For some reason it seems that Polaris doesn't provide decent photos of them in any of their catalogs. Overall I think they are good quality and well thought out.

The only issue I ran into is the original windshield screws are not quite long enough after installing the accessory mounting brackets. The brackets mount but the screws aren't long enough to get into the nylon locking material of the nuts. You can see the red nylon material in some of the photos.

Here is a link to the album Polaris Windshield and Accessories Photos

#3 · (Edited)
Morning,
The mounts look good and should work well for you. The mounts should have included longer bolts. The bolts for the windshield are designed for the windshield alone. Altho looking at my pics, the bolts on mine seem long enough? How thick are the mounts you installed?

I had a similar problem with my ram mounts I out on mine to do the same thing as yours. (I didn't know about yours) I simply bought two stainless steel bolts, washers and nuts.

I recommend you do the same.

CW

#4 ·
I like the RAM mount idea. I agree the mounts should have come with longer bolts or the original bolts should have been 1/4" longer. I ended up buying two packages of the mounts online because I thought there was only one mount per package. The unopened package doesn't have any extra bolts either and the instructions specifically state to save the existing ones because they will be reused. I guess someone at Polaris decided to save a few cents and not provide them. Looks like I'll be taking a trip to Rural King to get some longer stainless steel ones. Plus now that I have an extra pair of mounts I'll need to get a tall windshield for winter riding!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.