Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a Glacier II Plow on my 2006 Ranger and I am having trouble with the locking arm kit (part # 2204642). At minimal speed when the plow blades "tilts" up on one side it is bending the locking arm and the locking arm bracket. I have replaced both parts once and have had to disassemble the replacement parts on two separate occasions to heat them up and pound them back straight so I am operational. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so any suggestions?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
This will be the second season for mine and no issues at all. You may not be lifting the blade high enough and bending the bracket when the blade hits something. There has to be a reason why they keep bending. I have had a few incidents this year with the blade catching hidden mounds of ice under the snow. I thought for sure there would be some damage. After an inspection found no problems each time. Can you post a picture?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I believe he is talking about the pivot locking arm and bracket. I have seen the tabs bend slightly on the pivot plate that the arm locks into. How ever that was due to driver striking a fixed object. He may just have the springs set too stiff not allowing the blade to flip, therefore bending the bracket.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LongMichigan

Bruce---sorry about your issues; however, my remains. I "twisted" the pivot arm and bracket again this weekend. One of you gents asked if there was considerable "slop" in the blade---in fact there is. Could it be that I have not tightened the blade to frame bolt & nut tight enough? I did it with a 1/2 inch breaker bar and felt if I did it with an impact gun I would crush the plastic bushing that is in there. Bottom line---if everyone else is reporting good results with the product I am doing something wrong. Any further advice would be much appreciated. Thanks for the input this far.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
That may also be a problem if you have it too tight. There should be some movement to absorb some or the shock. If it is too rigid something is going to bend. How are your blade springs set up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts