Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice half of polaris accessories are junk? I paid 170 bucks for my little rear rack soft storage box. Finally put it on. It rained and I left my quad at my brothers house for a few days. Anyway, I come back and open the storage box to put some shit in there, and no bull shit there was at least 2 inches of water sitting in it. Why is the bottom water proof and the top isnt? I love my quad and my rzr, but ive spent probably 3 grand in the last year on "pure polaris" accessories and they all went in the garbage after a while. Nothing but problems from their crap accessories. Anyone else? Frickin LOVE my scrambler btw there is no other quad I would trade it for

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure I didnt look. I dont care if its water proof or not. What gets me is the top isnt but the bottom is 100%. One of the dumbest things I've ever seen and its gone to the garbage can like the rest of my 'pure polaris' accessories. Bumpers, stereos, you name it any popo accessories are extremely poorly designed

·
Registered
209 Posts
Try some shoe or tent waterproofing spray! I gave my bag 2 heavy coats of kiwi camp dry. It's been dry inside since! But it would be nice if they came out with a lock and ride box the same size!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
ive got the polaris rear hard cargo box for my sportsman and have had no problems with it, stays dry unless you pressure wash where the lid and box contact but thats just the high pressure pushing its way in. only other thing is extremely fine dust infiltrates the seal but that is in real dusty conditions. ive had mine for close to a year now. love the lock and ride function of the box too.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Will never buy another soft bag, bought a kolpin Hard box for the rear ,10 years ago, now on its second machine

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
ive got the polaris rear hard cargo box for my sportsman and have had no problems with it, stays dry unless you pressure wash where the lid and box contact but thats just the high pressure pushing its way in. only other thing is extremely fine dust infiltrates the seal but that is in real dusty conditions. ive had mine for close to a year now. love the lock and ride function of the box too.
I agree with this! NO LEAKS in mine!!!

Soft bags ALWAYS get yearly treatment with ''Camp Dry"" spray.

CW

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I agree on some. I had a Polaris rear rack extender, the metal one. It started chipping at the joints and rusting. Had a rear L&R box, and it bounced all over. Needed 4 mounts, not two.

OTOH, the grip warmers and plow system (was cheap feeling) worked great for me.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Most of my accessories are Pure Polaris, and they aren't to bad. I have:

Bumpers = Good fit, but goose [email protected] welds.
Low Pro Windshield = Nice & Good Fit actually!
Rack Extenders = Good fit, but goose [email protected] welds.
Winch = Not bad & no issues for my use.
G3 Polw System = Good, but blade itself could be a little more heavy duty/taller.

I've never been one for "Soft Side Rack Bags"..... I think they are all cheap junk, no matter what the brand or price is!! I had a MadDog brand on a previous quad, and had the same issue as you. For some reason they are called waterproof.... but, mainly hold water in?? :dunno:

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's because they stuff them full of something to make them look good.

I've got a Kawasaki front rack bag that has a fairly stiff 1/2" foam of some sort between the inner and outer fabric. I've had it for 13 years now and other than being a little faded, has held it's shape and looks like the day I bought it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts