Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had a G62S for 3-4 months now nad a RAM mount for about 6 weeks or so.

The Garmin 62S seems to be a great bang for the buck since there are plenty of free maps to download. If you must have the camera then the 62CS would be the ticket.

Accuracy? Well comparing my rides and drives with other map sources it is pretty much spot on.

Ease of use? Actually give yourself 15 minutes after setup and most will be good to go. Most sooner I am thinking.

Battery usage. Well I am on my first set of Duracells and had at least 8-9 hours of use (maybe more)

Basemap? I hate to say it I don't think it is as easy to use as the G62. Though easy enough and is fun to view and design routes as well as display downloaded maps.

Geocaching and marking points of interest, is easier than me typing this.

Is the RAM mount tough - you betcha. You can tell it is sturdy as soon as you take it out of the package. It has been slapped by branches and bounced along trails ans well as a wee few landings from playing with hills. Not once has it changed its adjustment. Instead of using electrical tape I had black duct tape and used it since it was thicker, wider, and I only knew about where I was going to place the mount.

Adjustability? Seems endless.

If one is out and about a GPS is handy. maybe not so much to determine which direction you need to head back in, but to tell folks were you are in case of an emergency, or a place you want to get back to or even a trail you want to remember and maybe share with a friend and then there is always caching.

A way to monitor ( a great way) is to install the RAM handlebar mount. This way you can observe and monitor the GPS as if you were using an auto GPS.

I would recommend both products to friends and other riders and would purchase again.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
That's the same setup I have. 2 years without issue. 62S rocks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts