Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a legend cx and was wondering if anyone on here can tell me how to set it up to just track the path I've taken without having to drop pins? I've looked through the manual with no luck and none on google either.

S3

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'll have to look at my old Vista CX but you want to look at the Trackback option. IIRC this is in the area where multiple tracks are stored.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'm just going on memory here. I think you need to go in where tracks are saved and save existing tracks before you start your ride.

Now without doing anything you should be starting a new track. As you are now riding along and want to follow tracks you would then go into tracks area and select Trackback on existing tracks.

Does any of this seem to make sense on your Legend?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep helps out a lot. Gotta figure it out before Sunday going to do some scouting for hunting.

While its tracking like that can I drop pins on the way? I'm gonna try it while I go to town tonight to test it out lol

S3

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Yeah.. you should be able to drop pins along the way without it affecting the tracks. On my vista you hold in the rubber scroll button on the face of the GPS.

·
Registered
322 Posts
On Garmin GPSr's you do something like "settings\track manager\track log"
and somewhere you should be able to turn logging on and have options like "show on screen".
Also, Google ("name of your GPS" manual)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts