Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 800 sportsman... always had Kawasaki's.....Polaris is a new ride to me,and I can't wait to get to the mountain..... Hello everyone...

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Welcome to the Board!!! You'll love the new ride

(beat you Bruce!!!)

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Don't think you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it so far. It has aftermarket numbers rack extensions warn winch,28 inch tires,camo in color,and some light upgrades(led strobes and low beam upgrade).

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
welcome to the forum....dont run the strobe when your going to your still....you Tenn boys are all moonshiners..LOl...Jk....send me some good ole apple pie shine...enjoy the new ride..be safe....

did you buy new or used....with them additions sounds used but never know....first thing is change fluids if nit been done recently....all of them...oils any ways....saves future issues some times..check connections an electrical plugs....have fun

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
welcome to the forum....dont run the strobe when your going to your still....you Tenn boys are all moonshiners..LOl...Jk....send me some good ole apple pie shine...enjoy the new ride..be safe....

did you buy new or used....with them additions sounds used but never know....first thing is change fluids if nit been done recently....all of them...oils any ways....saves future issues some times..check connections an electrical plugs....have fun
Good advice there. OP you should strongly consider this if it is a used machine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Al53. Great advice. Lol I like the grape shine myself..... As for the fluids I have a question.. What oils do yall use and is the tranny a different reservoir than the engine oil? My Kawasaki is one in the same. Thanks in advance.....Bike has 92 hrs and 541 miles on it. 06 model

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I use rotella T6 full synthetic 5-40...others use Mobil 1 0-40...yes tranny is seperate....not sure how its set up on a 06 whether you have a tranny an rear diff or a tranny/diff all in one....but I use amsoil chain case oil in tranny.. i have no rear diif per say...its all in one ...there is a lube section here...lots of info on it....if you have a diff an tranny seperate..use a 75w-90 gear oil in diff...mobil 1 synthetic works good there....

never had the grape.....thats different...I am building a small still this spring to just run a small batch...a gallon or 2..lol....it keeps the ticks off me..thats my excuse i will tell them haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use rotella T6 full synthetic 5-40...others use Mobil 1 0-40...yes tranny is seperate....not sure how its set up on a 06 whether you have a tranny an rear diff or a tranny/diff all in one....but I use amsoil chain case oil in tranny.. i have no rear diif per say...its all in one ...there is a lube section here...lots of info on it....if you have a diff an tranny seperate..use a 75w-90 gear oil in diff...mobil 1 synthetic works good there....

never had the grape.....thats different...I am building a small still this spring to just run a small batch...a gallon or 2..lol....it keeps the ticks off me..thats my excuse i will tell them haha
I am clueless to how its setup. Gotta do some reading lol. I have been in the oil section checking it out good info their. Now I need to find out how mine is set up..... As for the shine... I have had Apple ,Grape,Banana, Fruit Punch,Blackberry,Strawberry,Cinnamon, Peppermint,and of Course the Clear stuff lol,and a few more flavors....Grape by far the best. Let me know how your" portable gas station" turns out.
I am new new new to a Polaris so all advice is very appreciated!!!:veryhappy:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
there is a place on here to download shop repair manuals..look for it an get it..worth its weight in gold..or some one may have the link.i will look for it also.....

oK...I had strawberry..blueberry...clear (rocket fuel)blackberry....but the banana sounds good....i may have to come down an you hook me up with the good ole boys...lol...show me how its done....

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome, where abouts ya from? Chattanooga here.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Welcome, where about in TN...I'm around Jackson, west Tn.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts