Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sportsman 850 SP Premium
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I ended up caving and just ordering a Rotopax 2 gallon can and the locking mount.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
4,343 Posts
I ended up caving and just ordering a Rotopax 2 gallon can and the locking mount.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.
You made a great choice!
High Five 2.gif

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Ended up designing up a custom mount for the Rotopax to mount on the rear rack and not block the center taillight. The cargo box is now bolted down to the plastic rack with custom bushings that I made up as well.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nice!

Any pics of your custom bushings?
Can you provide some measurements/photos of that cargo box?

Thinking bout getting one but not sure if its gonna work.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
4,343 Posts
Mike_B I've seen others mount the Roto Packs to the side of that Polaris box

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nice!

I had a buddy 3d print the bushings and then I inserted some T-Nuts in them. I removed the lock & ride anchors from the box and then made up some 3/8-16 handles to easily remove them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nice!

View attachment 146735
I had a buddy 3d print the bushings and then I inserted some T-Nuts in them. I removed the lock & ride anchors from the box and then made up some 3/8-16 handles to easily remove them.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nice setup on the bushings. Similar to what I did to mount my ogio bag.

I used rubber stoppers and tee nuts originally. It worked ok. After hitting some really rough trails, a couple of them popped out.

My revised idea was to weld a fender washer to the tee nut. This required pulling the plastic rack off and installing the stoppers from underneath. The anchors stay in the rack and I just bolt the bag right in.

Version 2.0 has help up a couple thousand miles without issue now!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Nice setup on the bushings. Similar to what I did to mount my ogio bag.

I used rubber stoppers and tee nuts originally. It worked ok. After hitting some really rough trails, a couple of them popped out.

My revised idea was to weld a fender washer to the tee nut. This required pulling the plastic rack off and installing the stoppers from underneath. The anchors stay in the rack and I just bolt the bag right in.

Version 2.0 has help up a couple thousand miles without issue now!
That looks good.
Yeah I had to remove the plastic rack to insert these from the bottom. They’re basically a press fit that I had to use a dead blow hammer to seat. I’m hoping they work pretty well. With the constant upwards tension on them, I’m hoping I won’t have to worry about them coming loose. I was really thinking about the accessory anchors, but I just couldn’t justify the cost when I didn’t need the bolts and washers.

·
Registered
637 Posts
View attachment 146735
I had a buddy 3d print the bushings and then I inserted some T-Nuts in them. I removed the lock & ride anchors from the box and then made up some 3/8-16 handles to easily remove them. View attachment 146736
Could you pleasw take a couple photos of measurements of that box?

Interested in height measured inside from bottom to gasket. Length and width of the opening.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Could you pleasw take a couple photos of measurements of that box?

Interested in height measured inside from bottom to gasket. Length and width of the opening.

The opening is not uniform in shape at all so I tried to measure the narrowest and the widest portions.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts