Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I m a little new to polaris' but I just bought 2 of them. I bought an 03 scrambler 500 4x4 and it had a big hesitation when you wold go from idle to full throttle. I took the carb apart and cleaned everything and made sure all the passages were clear and put everything back together. It runs better now but still has a little hesitation, but it leaks gas out of that bottom vent hole on the fuel bowl only when its running. When I shut it off it dries up and doesnt leak. I ve read a lot about the needle valve and the o-ring but what stumps me is the leaking while running. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you talking about the big screw on the bottom? If so, I dont think its coming out of there. But I am sure its coming out of the small hole on the backside near the bottom of the carb. When I took the carb apart it looked like the hole was connected to a copper tube that went up into the float bowl. Looks to me like a vent......

I think I m going to try to replace the needle and the o-ring but from what I ve read that doesnt always fix the problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well I figured out somebody put a Mikuni tmx 38mm carb on it and I m missing the little brass fitting for the hole that a hose attaches to and gets routed up higher than the carb so gas doesnt leak out..............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts