Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and a new with our sportsman 800 X2.
I would like to know from other owners of the same yr and model as mine; what kind of milage are you getting per gal. of gas. I do understand the type of driving and use of the Atv has a lot with milage. The dealer I brought from did say it uses more then the 800 XP. By the way my wife and myself really enjoy our ATV. Thank you all ahead for any info.
Rudy

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
I hope to find out next week! So I'll let you know!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bruce, thanks. Seems to me it did use alot of fuel real quick, Heck I told the dealer guy the other day, I think my class C RV diesel Duramax got better milage, we both laughed. But yes the X2 does suck up the fuel. I need to fill it and almost run it dry, of course marking down the mileage.
Rudy

·
Registered
964 Posts
What I have heard (no direct experience)...is that you can expect 12-14mpg on average. YES...the 800 does like to drink the fuel compared to the 2009 XP 850.

Lots of folks wish the Polaris big bore ATV's had larger fuel tanks. ;)

biz
:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
biz4two, tks for the info, oh well, I guess if we want to have fun, we have to pay the price. Tks for your info.
Rudy

·
Registered
964 Posts
YES...absolutely. Might want to take a look into this RotoPax product. They are very popular...and hold up well to the ATV environment.

http://www.rotopax.com/home.php

biz
:cool:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Yea I have the 4 gal. version of that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts