Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 850 Touring LE with 27 in tires. I get 13- 14 mpg. My 700 Grizzly got 24 and my Rhino 700 gets 17 to 20 mpg. What kind of mileage are you getting?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Once i did a 60 mile trip with a about 3/4 of the tank i was giong steady on throttle. My touring is stock.

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
The one time I checked mine, I was getting around 16-17. Wife's 500, 20-21. I'm good with that. I honestly don't care about fuel mileage on my atv's.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
The one time I checked mine, I was getting around 16-17. Wife's 500, 20-21. I'm good with that. I honestly don't care about fuel mileage on my atv's.
Really? That is excellent mileage. You running regular?

Maybe next time...

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
depends on how and where I ride, have made 20mpg wit my 09-850 but if I use low or am playin in the snow it drops, still does better than my 700 ever did.If Im worried about it I just take xtra gas.

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
Really? That is excellent mileage. You running regular?

Maybe next time...
I have only run premium in my atv's. Around here, that's 91 octane. We get to choose from 85 octane regular, 87 octane mid-grade and 91 octane premium. All grades have 10% ethanol in them.

Russ C, you hit the nail on the head. If going on a long enough ride to be worried about gas mileage, I just fill up the 4 gallon Rotopax and no more worries. I have yet to need to stop and refuel on the trail.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I actually get better mileage on my 850 than my 500 because with the 500 I have to keep the throttle pegged and rpms high to keep up with the big boys. If you like to mash the throttle coming out of every corner the MPG drops quickly.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
My 2013 Sportsman just did 113 miles at Hatfield McCoy three weeks ago and got 23.8 mpg. Hard trail riding and just a little road riding between trailheads. I was very pleased with it.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I actually get better mileage on my 850 than my 500 because with the 500 I have to keep the throttle pegged and rpms high to keep up with the big boys. If you like to mash the throttle coming out of every corner the MPG drops quickly.

Exactly my findings as well.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

So the corners r my problems then. Bc I only get about 40-50 miles per tank but I like to mash the throttle a lot!!

S3

·
Registered
75 Posts
Did a 35 mile ride yesterday and used about 1/2 tank, mostly cruising about 25-35 mph open desert

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies. I usually get around 75 miles to a tank so I carry 4 extra gallons. I think the taller tires are making the odometer a little off.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I really don't care what mileage I get as long as I have fun and
enough fuel to get back to the start is all OK. Fun has no MPG's limit

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

So the corners r my problems then. Bc I only get about 40-50 miles per tank but I like to mash the throttle a lot!!

S3
Lmao!! You're going to have to find more straight trails lol.

I've gotten up to 90 miles on a tank in the 500 but I was putting around with the wife on logging roads.

I usually get around 45-55 when I ride it with the boys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts