Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was dumping gas in my 850 XP from my 2.5 gallon gas can and I accidentally dropped the cork that I use to seal the gas can neck into my 850 gas tank.do I need to siphon the tank or remove the tank to get the cork out? It is just one of them little corks you use for fish hooks.i don't want it to break up in the gas and gum up my fuel pump.Or will it be fine to leave it in there?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I was dumping gas in my 850 XP from my 2.5 gallon gas can and I accidentally dropped the cork that I use to seal the gas can neck into my 850 gas tank.do I need to siphon the tank or remove the tank to get the cork out? It is just one of them little corks you use for fish hooks.i don't want it to break up in the gas and gum up my fuel pump.Or will it be fine to leave it in there?

So cork isn't floating at all? There is a filter in tank that will probably keep safe.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Why were you using the dang cork?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would fill the tank to within about an inch of the top of the neck and then rock the thing around until the cork floated up in the neck.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I would fill the tank to within about an inch of the top of the neck and then rock the thing around until the cork floated up in the neck.
I agree with Tomahawk, but am still wondering what's with the cork.

·
Registered
964 Posts
+3 on suggestion.

If that doesn't work...I'd recommend pulling the tank...and removing the cork. The gas will break it down...and cause all kinds of issues down the road.

Good luck...

biz
:ponder:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I agree with Tomahawk, but am still wondering what's with the cork.
Not to sound rude,.......but did you guys NOT read the OP's post?
The cork was/is a plug for his gas can's spout.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I guess I'm just a retard, because I didn't get what he was saying! Lol

Thanks for clarifying! Just a dumb moment I suppose.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Damn dude,.......don't go there with it! I read it three times to get the details.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Damn dude,.......don't go there with it! I read it three times to get the details.
I'm just saying...when I read your reply stating what the corks was for, I thought, well duh, what else would it have been for...I'm not mad at all. Don't worry, I actually have a pretty high opinion of myself. ;-)

Just stated how I felt at the moment, which was like a dipshit.

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Only 15 minutes?? Not bad...for piece of mind!! Nice!

biz
:veryhappy:

·
Registered
619 Posts
And points for keeping you sense of humor. There is no man (or woman) alive that hasn't experienced the Brain Fart!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nothing is ever easy. thank god it was just a cork and not something worse. My 850XP is brand new and does not even have 20 hrs yet.Glad I found this forum. My 2013 850XP also makes that so called wa-wa noise and has backfired a few times.Caint wait to really see how it performs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts