Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 sportsman 700 and my speedo cluster keeps acting up on me when I start the quad maybe 20 sec later it tells me it's overheating it's 20 degrees out no way is the motor up to temp my fluid levels are correct my fan also works as it should to my oil is good also right level and has no antifreeze in it I also get hndlbr words to come across and it doesn't read my speed either. But if I shut it down and leave it for a while start it back up everything works like it should I've checked every ground and tested my battery no idea what this is I also changed my voltage regulator but like I said every now and then it acts funny and the rest of the time no problem please help

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Take of the connectors on speedo an indicator light bar...get some electrical contact cleaner...clean them good...add some Di electric grease when you re plug them...see if that helps any...I find it sorta condensates under the pod cover...so may have a bit of corrision on plugs...good luck....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just a guess,, but your cluster might be wearing out..? lets hope not though cuz I just replaced mine for my 02 700 and it lists for 380 bucks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where is the voltage regulator on the 2002 sportsman 700 twin? I just acquired this ATV and am getting a StAtr message with the wrench icon. I don't believe it is charging.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The regulator is under the front rack if you pull the cover off under the headlight it's mounted by the top of the radiator

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Try cleaning and greasing connections to light, kill switch , tjat would be the handlebar warning . Either that or etc needs adjusted, 1/8 inch of slack at thumb throttle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts