Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey sman700, I too have a Sportsman 700, like yours but a 2004 and I was thinking about putting the same wheel and tire combo you just bought and installed, on mine. It looks like the GBC's are quite a bit heavier than the stock tires. When you get out on the trails, let me know if the heavier tires slow down your bike at all or if you think a clutch kit might be need to compensate the extra weight. Thanks you in advance!
i have the sparticus tires on my wheeler i have an 850xp but i couldnt even start to notice the weight difference i doubt you'll have any problem with it on your 700 unless you get way bigger tires
Hey sman700, I too have a Sportsman 700, like yours but a 2004 and I was thinking about putting the same wheel and tire combo you just bought and installed, on mine. It looks like the GBC's are quite a bit heavier than the stock tires. When you get out on the trails, let me know if the heavier tires slow down your bike at all or if you think a clutch kit might be need to compensate the extra weight. Thanks you in advance!
I agree, after just a few quick trips up and down my street, I don't see any issues with having enough power.:silvercup:

·
Registered
484 Posts
lol someone must have been smokin a left hander while he was airing up your tire and i wouldnt worry about balancing your tire as long as you dont drive down the highway with them lol but if you paid for it to be done i guess thats another thing

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
lol someone must have been smokin a left hander while he was airing up your tire and i wouldnt worry about balancing your tire as long as you dont drive down the highway with them lol but if you paid for it to be done i guess thats another thing
Yeah, I had to check the pressures twice to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, lol

I agree that they don't "Need" balanced and I didn't pay anything exta to get it done. It specifically said on the websit "free mounting and balancing on ANY wheel and tire package" and the rep I talked to on the phone said "YES" they will be balanced.
I just thing that if you tell me you are going to do something then it should be done!

Other than that, I think the tires look great on the wheels and my sman!
Can't wait to get on a trail and try them out!

·
Registered
484 Posts
i think you will be very pleased with them and i agree if you say your going to do something you do it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i think you will be very pleased with them and i agree if you say your going to do something you do it
Maybee if our Discount Tire member logs on, they can shed some light on the situation. I also emailed them through their website to see what they come back with.

·
Registered
484 Posts
yeah i'd ask around a bit such a dramatic over inflation is uncalled for

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the info Sman700, I appreciate it... Now that I know that they aren't too heavy for the 700's then I am going to order them. I hope they don't inflate my tire(s) to 30 PSI. That's ridiculous! How long did your shipping take sman700?

·
Supporting Vendor
1,090 Posts
It takes about 30psi to properly seat the beads the first time they are mounted. It sounds like the warehouse forgot to drop the pressure back down on the one for you. It won't hurt the tire but we, of course, recommend dropping the pressure down to the proper psi if you haven't already.

Your tires and wheels look great! Put some miles on these things!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It takes about 30psi to properly seat the beads the first time they are mounted. It sounds like the warehouse forgot to drop the pressure back down on the one for you. It won't hurt the tire but we, of course, recommend dropping the pressure down to the proper psi if you haven't already.

Your tires and wheels look great! Put some miles on these things!
Thanks, good to know about the psi requirement to seat the bead.
How about the balancing?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts