Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
Great forum!
I accidently added 1 or 2 oz of Polaris P4 oil to my gearbox on a 2011 330 Trailboss. Should I be concerned? I haven't started or moved it since. My plan is to take to dealer and have him drain and replace.
Any ideas? Would the small amount of oil damage anything? If I don't want to take it in if I don't have to.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:cowboy:

·
Super Moderator
7,048 Posts
If it was me, I would just drain the case and refill with the right oil. Not familiar with that machine so I don't know how much gear oil it holds. If it holds a quart like most of the sportsman models do then what little residual might be left after draining would have to be minimal. If you are really worried I would change the gear oil, run it a couple miles, drain and refill.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
If it was me, I would just drain the case and refill with the right oil. Not familiar with that machine so I don't know how much gear oil it holds. If it holds a quart like most of the sportsman models do then what little residual might be left after draining would have to be minimal. If you are really worried I would change the gear oil, run it a couple miles, drain and refill.
This is good advice.

But having said... err... or agreed to that. If you where to do nothing, it's extreamly doubtful you will ever knotice the difference...

CW

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Just drain and replace with the right stuff. No harm done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts