Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Polaris and having an automatic. I've rode my whole life but after buying the polaris 570 any noise I hear makes me nervous. It has 5 hours and 60 miles on it. When I am riding around the yard and in the field and let off the throttle sometimes I hear a grinding noise. Sounds like it is coming from the front. It only does it when it is slowing down by itself. Should I have it checked out or is it part of the breaking in.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about it taking it in. Will call the dealership tomorrow. It doesn't do it all the time but when it does it just sounds like a grind for about 2-3 secs and goes away it did it once going down a step hill on our farm levee. May go away after the first flush and stuff but who knows. I'm use to foot shift Hondas and those things always purred like a kitten. I just went on a limb to get polaris since we have a ranger on the farm as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the same noise on my 2010 800. It's like a clanking noise. When slowing down and especially when going do hill. I was told that it's normal and that it's the belt and clutch moving. I was also told that adding engine braking makes it go away but it's an expensive upgrade.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine is doing the same thing ! I took it in today and they said its due to beefy gears and its normal
Sounds good, I will just keep an eye on it. If it "supposed" to do that than I will let it be. Like I said, it only does it when I let off the throttle and/or going down steep hills/levees.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine clunks while decelerating also. I don't believe there is any reasons to be concerned.

Kris

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine clunks while decelerating also. I don't believe there is any reasons to be concerned.

Kris
As said earlier, it's because of the beefy gears. It makes me a little easier knowing others do it. With that being said, ride on!!:veryhappy:

·
Registered
238 Posts
We have the same front differential as the 400 and 500. But we ALL share the same plastic sprague carrier the RZR guys break.
Part #1333067

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
mine is doing the same thing ! I took it in today and they said its due to beefy gears and its normal
"beefy gears" LOL you really don't know PoPo do ya? There's a good many 850s on here with the "WaWaWa" sound from the rear diff that is "normal". Guess it is cause they are beefy? lol

·
Registered
41 Posts

Kris
As said earlier, it's because of the beefy gears. It makes me a little easier knowing others do it. With that being said, ride on!!:veryhappy:
The sound is not because of "beefy gears". You were fed a line of BS.

Like the others said, there is likely play in the plastic sprague or the clutches in the front diff are periodically grabbing; causing the fronts gears to engage, thus making the clunk sound . This is just speculation on my part.

Kris

·
Registered
238 Posts
If anyone breaks their sprague carrier / roller cage or wants to upgrade it, Polaris offers a "performance" version made of billet aluminum. Part # is 3235262 and is around $240 before shipping.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I started using my break instead of letting it stop by itself and it quit the grinding noise, however, my dad drove it last night and said something about it. I called the dealership and they are 2 weeks out on services. So i'm going to continue to ride it but take it in on May 21st and get them to check it out and changed all the fluids. I will let you all know what it is.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Clunks and rattles are normal, grinding isn't. The silent chain will whine on deceleration especially if under engine breaking which is normal, every quad or sled that uses one will. I would get it too the dealer as soon as they can get you in to make sure noting is defective now before your warranty is up.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Could someone explain to me what "beefy gears" are? Did the 570 get a dana 60 or something? If my dealership told me my machine had beefy gears, I would ask them to prove it. Show me a beefy gear, then show me a chickeny gear.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I picked up my bike from the dealership. I had the front and back dif oils changed. Tax and all $50.49... I was there when they looked over the bike. The noises I was hearing were normal. I rode other Polaris quads- 500,800,850 and they all made the same noise when decelerating that I was hearing. So looks llike the 570 is just a noisy machine. I'm putting the audio tube on tonight so maybe that will drown some of the noises and make me less paranoid.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Boss atv speaker makes a world of a difference, one of the first things I got.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Noise

My 2015 makes a lot of noise as well. Most of the noise is from the engine braking system. Basically i never have to use the breaks but it sure does let someone know your coming lol

It never grinds just clunks. The sound for the EBS is normal though after talking to polaris and the dealer.

The 570 is awesome!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts